Page 1 of 3
Horeet, thought I'd share my story with you. Either to entertain a or to teach a lesson.

I was involved in a motorcycle accident on tuesday night that almost lost me the use of my left leg. Basically, I suffered a huge gash to it and there was so much grit/dirt from the road inside the wound that I almost had to lose a lot of the muscle in my thigh. Luckily, this was not the case and I escaped with a very painful wound, stitches, an ankle with a slight crack and an extremely bruised thumb which hinders my guitar playing.

Morale of the story: get yourself some appropriate boots/leather leggings if you're going to ride a motorcylce. I couldn't yet afford them and paid the price (pun?).

And don't let other road users ride/drive too close to you, they put you at risk.
did he died?

.But that Sucks dude, I lost my Aunt to that....She was wearing a skirt and sandles on the back of her boyfriends harley.. she moved to adjust the seat, her leg hit the tail pipe burning her she jumped fell off the bike then was ran over by an elderly couple. she died on the way do the hospital...
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by Shelflife
not everyone sucks at riding bikes. lol

I'm not really offended by your immaturity, but I'm sure other people will be. Think about what you're saying before you post it. Grow up.

*reported*
Ouch that really sucks. I want to get my bike license too but now after reading this and hearing other stories, I don't know anymore.
Proud owner of a Les Paul
Quote by Go Square Go!
I'm not really offended by your immaturity, but I'm sure other people will be. Think about what you're saying before you post it. Grow up.

*reported*

That was hardly reportable, which leads me to the conclusion that you are the immature one.
Yep, if you don't wear proper biking gear you're a road crayon. I have a buddy who went to test drive a bike one day. The engine was a bit bigger than what he was used to so off a streetlight he accelerated to fast, lost control and fell off. He got wicked road rash on his back. The scariest part? Do you know how they clean the road rash to get the gravel and dirt out? A giant cheese grater. No joke.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by GuitarGod_92
That was hardly reportable, which leads me to the conclusion that you are the immature one.

How was it not reportable? Proposing that you have to 'suck at riding' in order to be involved in a motorcycle accident is very immature. My uncle died on his Kawasaki 900 in April last year through no fault of his own. His comment offends me because of this, but not at all for my situation because I know it is just children being children on the internet.
b) don't ride a motorcycle

??
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by JohnnyV
I'm getting a bike soon, i will take your advice and buy armour

Good man. You might have the temptation to just go for a spin on your bike with just a normal jacket/jeans when its good weather but, by experience, riding without appropriate protection is not worth the risk. Lucky I was riding an enduro bike so repairs (mirrors, indicators, foot pegs etc.) will only cost £205. Not bad for sliding down the road at 30mph, compared to a friend of mine who was nudged off his sportsbike at a zebra crossing and had to have it written off.

Quote by will123456789
b) don't ride a motorcycle

??

Clearly that is an option, but I'd like to think it was equally clear that I was addressing people who do wish to ride a motorcycle.
Last edited by Go Square Go! at Jul 4, 2009,
Key words for anyone on a motorcycle: Never trust anyone that's driving in a cage.

Motorcycle collisions are nearly never the motorcyclist's fault. Every rider in my family, aside from me(so far) have laid their bikes over because they got pulled out in front of. That's the five riders I'm closest to, all experiencing the same thing, ranging from stoplights to the interstate.

It happens, and it's why we, as bikers, are able to easily say we're the most responsible motorists on the road.
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
Key words for anyone on a motorcycle: Never trust anyone that's driving in a cage.

Motorcycle collisions are nearly never the motorcyclist's fault. Every rider in my family, aside from me(so far) have laid their bikes over because they got pulled out in front of. That's the five riders I'm closest to, all experiencing the same thing, ranging from stoplights to the interstate.

It happens, and it's why we, as bikers, are able to easily say we're the most responsible motorists on the road.

Same situation happened to my uncle, except he wasn't lucky enough to survive.

As for me, I had my side brushed by another biker who was riding too close to me on a roundabout. When riding in groups, keep your distance. If not for your safety then for others'.
Quote by Go Square Go!
How was it not reportable? Proposing that you have to 'suck at riding' in order to be involved in a motorcycle accident is very immature. My uncle died on his Kawasaki 900 in April last year through no fault of his own. His comment offends me because of this, but not at all for my situation because I know it is just children being children on the internet.

1. You could actually suck at riding. We can't know this, but it is a possibility.
2. I thinking he was just joking around.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
1. You could actually suck at riding. We can't know this, but it is a possibility.
2. I thinking he was just joking around.

1. I think it's clear by the last line in my original post that the accident was not my fault.
2. Joking about road accidents is not funny, and certainly is immature.
Quote by Go Square Go!
1. I think it's clear by the last line in my original post that the accident was not my fault.
2. Joking about road accidents is not funny, and certainly is immature.

1. That doesn't mean you don't suck at riding. It was your fault btw.
2. They can be.
Last edited by GuitarGod_92 at Jul 4, 2009,
Quote by GuitarGod_92
1. That doesn't mean you don't suck at riding.
2. They can be.

Don't you think it's obvious that he was suggesting I was involved in the accident because I suck at riding?

And no, road accidents are never funny.

You really need to grow up, mate.
Quote by Go Square Go!
Don't you think it's obvious that he was suggesting I was involved in the accident because I suck at riding?

And no, road accidents are never funny.

You really need to grow up, mate.

Well you did cause your accident so you aren't the best rider. Yeah you probably prefer Chuck Norris and Michael Jackson jokes. And I am grown up thank you very much.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
2. They can be.

Really? Are you really going to sit and try and argue this? Do you really want to argue on a message board to try and back up your mouth about how an accident could maybe be funny, or how this poster allegedly "sucks at riding"?

Seriously, you're a dumbass. If you could fathom, just for a moment, what being in an accident like that would be like, perhaps you'd have a bit of appreciation for others trying to keep you safe with their experience.

Also, where did he ever say he caused the accident? He was sidebrushed by another rider.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Last edited by Kevy Absolution at Jul 4, 2009,
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Well you did cause your accident so you aren't the best rider. Yeah you probably prefer Chuck Norris and Michael Jackson jokes. And I am grown up thank you very much.

I certainly did not cause my accident. I know I am not the best rider, I've only been riding for 1 and a half years afterall, but I'm certainly not ****. And no, I don't prefer either of those jokes, they're both pretty gay, mate. Perhaps you'd grow a pair if you stopped watching cartoons and got laid.
Quote by Kevy Absolution
Really? Are you really going to sit and try and argue this? Do you really want to argue on a message board to try and back up your mouth about how an accident could maybe be funny, or how this poster allegedly "sucks at riding"?

Seriously, you're a dumbass. If you could fathom, just for a moment, what being in an accident like that would be like, perhaps you'd have a bit of appreciation for others trying to keep you safe with their experience.

Thank you very much for showing compasion.
Quote by Kevy Absolution

I have been in an accident. It wasn't on a highway or anything, but it was on a gravel road right next to sticker bushes, that I went flying into. So yes, I have been in many accidents.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I have been in an accident. It wasn't on a highway or anything, but it was on a gravel road right next to sticker bushes, that I went flying into. So yes, I have been in many accidents.

Hardly sounds very life-threatening mate. Just think about being involved in an accident that could seriously effect your health, then think about what youre saying. You certainly do not sound very grown up.
Quote by Kevy Absolution
What were you driving?

A 250 dirtbike I believe. Took it off a jump at like 40mph. It sucked.
Hardly the same. And also, your "stunt" furthermore shows your immaturity.

You're done. You can leave now.

GSG, thanks for the story. I know many riders and these stories are what keep them on their toes. Glad to hear you survived; I've seen a rider get hit and not come out of it as lucky. Sad part was, I was one of the first to respond to the accident.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by GuitarGod_92
2. They can be.

should I report you for being immature or a dick?
Quote by Go Square Go!
I certainly did not cause my accident. I know I am not the best rider, I've only been riding for 1 and a half years afterall, but I'm certainly not ****. And no, I don't prefer either of those jokes, they're both pretty gay, mate. Perhaps you'd grow a pair if you stopped watching cartoons and got laid.

Let me explain how it was your fault. You let someone ride too close to you! You should have made room for him. If you are riding in a group it should be fairly obvious if someone is going to clip you. And the bolded part is one of the most immature and stupid things I have ever heard on this site.

And I have crashed multiple times and I am amazed I haven't seriously hurt myself. But that is the fun in riding dirtbikes!
Bitch Bitch Bitch....

Jeez. I'm sorry to hear you crashed but don't get all uptight what other people are saying on an internet forum. it makes you seem like a bit whiny.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Let me explain how it was your fault. You let someone ride too close to you! You should have made room for him. If you are riding in a group it should be fairly obvious if someone is going to clip you. And the bolded part is one of the most immature and stupid things I have ever heard on this site.

And I have crashed multiple times and I am amazed I haven't seriously hurt myself. But that is the fun in riding dirtbikes!

I let him ride too close? He came up behind me on a roundabout. I couldn't accellerate and if had breaked it would have only made things worse.

Stop being so stubborn and drop this. You know yourself that you are being very inconsiderate and immature.

Quote by Frooshy
Bitch Bitch Bitch....

Jeez. I'm sorry to hear you crashed but don't get all uptight what other people are saying on an internet forum. it makes you seem like a bit whiny.

I realise this, but it's hard not to react when people are being childish over life-threatening situations involving yourself/your relatives.
Last edited by Go Square Go! at Jul 4, 2009,
Quote by Go Square Go!
I let him ride too close? He came up behind me on a roundabout. I couldn't accellerate and if had breaked it would have only made things worse.

Stop being so stubborn and drop this. You know yourself that you are being very inconsiderate and immature.

I realise this, but it's hard not to react when people are being childish over life-threatening situations involving yourself/your relatives.

Well then rephrase your original post because it sounds like it was completely your fault.
EDIT: Oops not your original post, but the one on the first page that you saying you were riding in a group.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Well then rephrase your original post because it sounds like it was completely your fault.

Point out which part made it seem like my fault and I will adjust it.
Quote by Go Square Go!
Point out which part made it seem like my fault and I will adjust it.

See my edit.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
See my edit.

Quote by Go Square Go!
Same situation happened to my uncle, except he wasn't lucky enough to survive.

As for me, I had my side brushed by another biker who was riding too close to me on a roundabout. When riding in groups, keep your distance. If not for your safety then for others'.

I don't see how this suggests it was my fault at all.
Quote by Go Square Go!
I don't see how this suggests it was my fault at all.

You did not state that he was behind you so I took it that you were riding side-by-side. If that was the case you would have been able to avoid the accident by giving him more room.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
You did not state that he was behind you so I took it that you were riding side-by-side. If that was the case you would have been able to avoid the accident by giving him more room.

Why would anyone ride side by side? That's stupid and obviously dangerous. Especially on a roundabout.
Quote by Go Square Go!
Why would anyone ride side by side? That's stupid and obviously dangerous. Especially on a roundabout.

Exactly. Which is why I thought you were being an idiot.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Exactly. Which is why I thought you were being an idiot.

Well that's a strange assumption to be honest, mate. If someone told me someone was riding too close to them I would assume they were behind, as is the normal scenario in such situations. And if what you post is true, why did you continue to argue your assumption for so long even after I had made it clear that it wasn't my fault.
Quote by Go Square Go!
Well that's a strange assumption to be honest, mate. If someone told me someone was riding too close to them I would assume they were behind, as is the normal scenario in such situations. And if what you post is true, why did you continue to argue your assumption for so long even after I had made it clear that it wasn't my fault.

Because you didn't make it clear until post #31. Which wasn't that many posts ago.

EDIT: And you might want to put all the details in the OP instead of just putting what happened to you because of the experience.
Page 1 of 3