Hey guys I'm looking for a fairly cheap acoustic around 150 bucks. Please point me to the right direction. Not a beginer, already on my my third electric so I guess I might know a few basics? Haha. Thanks guys

Just a play anywhere kinda acoustic, not too concerned about looks more of sound tho. Chilli peppers kinda music right now
Awesome thanks man! It seems like a good deal and I already like epis to begin with
i also would recommend going with a solid top. you'll be glad you did, and there are some pretty good solid tops for around $200 to $250. it makes a big difference in sound quality - imo you aren't going to get high quality sound out of an acoustic with a laminate top.
Even if you don't play acoustic a lot, you'll definately hear and feel a big difference from a $150 guitar to a $250-300 guitar. Why buy a cheap one now, and buy another one later if you can just buy a decent one now and keep it?
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
true. on the other hand, keep in mind that not all $200 to $300 guitars have solid tops.

Quote by Guitar2theface
Even if you don't play acoustic a lot, you'll definately hear and feel a big difference from a $150 guitar to a $250-300 guitar. Why buy a cheap one now, and buy another one later if you can just buy a decent one now and keep it?
I'm not too fimiliar with acoustics, how can I tell if it's a solid top or not? Anything I should look for in the strings & tuners?

guitar2theface how's that peavey amp with the les Paul sound? Don't care about effects, I've got my pedals. I'm looking to get a vintage zepplin kinda sound. Thanks man
Hey obeythepenguin, thanks bro. That helped a lot

I didn't realize acoustics were like fine wine and how they sound better with age. Just awesome

Now I have to go try some out
Quote by obeythepenguin
Personally, I'd recommend saving up a little more and getting a guitar with a solid top. It will sound better (especially as it ages) and last a lot longer than an all-laminate like that Epi. The "What guitar?" thread would be a good starting point -- it's there for a reason

That said, it's your guitar, so your choice. If you like the Epi and think it will suit your needs, don't let me talk you out of it!

THIS.

Well said sir penguin. You've definately learned a lot from being in here *sheds tear* Acoustic newbies....they grow up so fast
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Jul 5, 2009,
Ok my local used guitar place has a washburn for $129
Stagg $109
Vega $119 laminate I think

Which one guys??
To be perfectly honest, I really wouldn't recommend buying any acoustic for much less than about $200...this guitar http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-FS700S-Folk-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=518274#new is the best entry level acoustic for its price. I know its twice as much as what you're looking to spend, but trust me, it'd be worth saving up the extra cash. You might also be able to find one used in the $100-150 range.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
the laminate top just mutes the sound a bit, it doesnt make it sound ****. Solid top at that price range is gonna give you more problems than any good. Some 100$ laminated guitar is just good for you. If you find yourself being super-interested in playing then you can always sell it and buy better in the future
I bought a Yamaha FG 423S for only £130 off eBay. Amazing sound with a solid top and looks fantastic in black. Probably be around $200-250 used if you can find one. If you want to stick with an Epi you can get the new tortoise shell pickguard hummingbird artist for $299 in three colors -

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Hummingbird-Artist-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=581430#new

if you want a natural finish go with the DR-200S solid top just $199 -

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-DR200S-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=518379#new

* oh ya, if you are more of an electric player and this will be your only acoustic to buy for the forseeable future then you HAVE to get a solid top! It'll last you forever and sound better as time goes on. You'll be glad you did in the long run!
Last edited by 1500 meanstreak at Jul 7, 2009,
Hey thanks for the awesome feedback guys. I settled for the $109 stagg. It's laminate but it's fine. I like it so far, and yes I am an electric player. The whole reason I wanted to get an acoustic was to just have a "throw it in the backseat & take it anywhere guitar." that's why I didn't want to spend too much on it.

Another thing, playing the acoustic has made me an even better player on my electric. Plus it's awesome to turn Chicks heads when I'm out sitting on the back of my car playing
What's funny about that is when my cousin was looking for a "throw it in the back and go" guitar, he ended up with a $1000 Breedlove
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray