hey ug
i recently made 3000$
and i wanted to spend that on a great amp and great fx pedals
preferably a tube amp
and abt the effects, not too many of them, and just stuff like distortion or overdrive, wah, and a modulation pedal

and as a final note, no signature pedals, unless u think they are really good
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Marshall Super Lead Plexi, i doubt you will need a pedal for this bad boy, this guy has the most amasing tube distortion (well atleast for me), and damn it is loud.

But if you were going for some bedroom or small place gain, a 5150 would be good, but if you want to pretty much melt your face off with gain then get a Bogner Uberschall.

If you want awesome cleans, Vox AC30.

What i'd get for 3k

Marshall Super Lead 100
Vox Wah
NO OD/Distortion pedal
Attuentor
Last edited by stykerwolf at Jul 4, 2009,
how much would that go for? and were could u get it?
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
wats an attenuator?
and would it help if i said id take the best metal tube amp in my budget, could be a stack
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
so, now that u noticed im a metalhead, wat amp would u recommend, and could i get some nice distortion out of a good metal tube?
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
botique amp. Soldano, Diezel, VHT, etc. Splawn, whatever. If you like metal, check out WTF!!! is a TAB?'s thread on metal gear. Otherwise, Randalls are nice cuz of the modules you can get for them. You'll want a noise gate like an ISP Decimator or the likes. I like reverb and delay and wah. On occasion, you may want a flanger or phaser or chorus. MXR Phase 90 is simple, but most ppl like it. EHX Holier Grail Reverb is a very good 'un. For delay, you want some analog delay pedal, perhaps MXR again. Wah, look at the cry baby wahs and the Ibanez weeping demon pedal. Or like I said, you could go the botique route for everything
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
5150s are good, Bogner Uberschalls are amasingly high gained, ENGLs have awesome cleans and great high gain (personally i would suggest a ENGL Blackmore). Best thing is, you don't need a pedal to get awesomeness from those amps.

Here's a suggestion:
ENGL Blackmore
MXR Phase 100
Carbon Copy Delay
or butique pedals
Last edited by stykerwolf at Jul 4, 2009,
This thread.

You play metal?

Check out Alf's thread for 'Ultimate Gear for Metal'. He has a great list of badass amps for metal.
Buy a used: Engl SE, Bogner Uberschall or VHT Ultralead

/thread
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i would look into brands like orange, mesa, splawn, and marshall clones

also go 2x12 as opposed to 4x12, 4x12 are over priced and a pain to move.

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Why Orange if you can get better gain from a Uberschall, and why would you want a Marshall clone for 3k when you could buy a Soldano or a Mesa and all.

Here's a couple of brands you should look up, you know UG can't give you all the advise you need, you need to try amps out yourself;

ENGL
Mesa/Boogie
Spawn
Bogner
Peavey
Cornford?
Randall
abt the isp decimator, does it reduce the unwanted distortion while playing a distortion pedal or tube distortion?
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Titan custom 200W with SS FX loop, and contour, plus a Mills Acoustics Cabinet. There is no way you can go wrong, and its amazingly versatile.
Engl Fireball (If you gig, get the 100w version)
Vader 2x12 (If you gig, get a 4x12)
Maxon OD808
Boss DD-7
Electroharmonix Small Clone
ISP Decimator

should have money leftover, and still have a facemelting rig.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by stykerwolf
Gets rid of unwanted noise, mostly hums and buzzs, basicly it just makes your sound better by getting rid of what you don't want to hear, and yeah with a buget like that you should get one.

this exactly. listen to the man/woman/homo sapien
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

Quote by stykerwolf
Is the Titan all tube or solid state?

tube

Quote by stykerwolf
Is the Titan all tube or solid state?

200 watts all tube. 4xKT88 power tubes with 12AX7's in the preamp. You can opt for either a tube or solid state FX loop, but in a lot of people's opinion, the SS FX loop takes pedals better, as well as rack FX much better.
Quote by stykerwolf
^ Part cellphone, part toaster, part double scotch no ice.

200 watts all tube? Dude you can pull off inter-continental concerts with that amount of power...

There is a 100 watt version as well.

Lesson # 1:

Titan's sound amazing at bedroom volume, and it only gets better from there. This is because the Titan's MV actually WORKS like it's supposed to, and has a good sweep to it.
Last edited by Silenced7 at Jul 4, 2009,
i like the decimator, and the engl or mesa/boogie amps
they seem great
now all thats left is to try them
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by stykerwolf
I'm sayin' that 200 tube watts is just a huge amount of power.

Theres a 100 watter available as well, but the 200 watt has more low end response.

The advantage, as I said above is that his amps sound AMAZING at lower volume and only get better from there. Meaning that the 200W wont make a difference really unless you crank the amp, which there is no need to.
Quote by stykerwolf
^ Part cellphone, part toaster, part double scotch no ice.

200 watts all tube? Dude you can pull off inter-continental concerts with that amount of power...

You forgot about the espresso function

thanks 4 helpin me out with all this and stickin through to the end
u were a big help
thanks again
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Everybody is here for this reason

Quote by soloXshredder
thanks 4 helpin me out with all this and stickin through to the end
u were a big help
thanks again

do you need anymore suggestions??
i have a big list of them

im gonna find them first tho
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
do you need anymore suggestions??
i have a big list of them

im gonna find them first tho

hahaha, good ol' alf
ENGL Blackmore
Eventide Timefactor
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ

That's what I would do with $3000, at least.
For $3000 I;m have to take the logical, practical route and buy a Fractal Audio AxeFX Ultra and an Atomic Reactor amp.
The AxeFX is ridiculously good. Ridiculously good. It doesn't deal in warts and all reproductions; its simulation of a JCM800, for example, is miles better than Marshall's best current effort. Every single sound on the AxeFX is boutique quality.
And there is a ridiculous amount of sounds on there.
So when all of that is taken into account, 2000 Euros is ridiculously good value for money.
The Atomic Reactor is the icing on the cake; lets the AxeFX breathe in a way you won't achieve if you just put it through the PA.
I think you can pick that all up for $3000. If not then my mistake, but if it's not too much of a stretch it'd be a wise move.
I'm really in awe of the AxeFX after trying it out. It was just, I could create every sound I'd ever heard in my head, and some others that surpassed those sounds.
Last edited by Rock Pig at Jul 4, 2009,
Quote by Rock Pig
For $3000 I;m have to take the logical, practical route and buy a Fractal Audio AxeFX Ultra and an Atomic Reactor amp.
The AxeFX is ridiculously good. Ridiculously good. It doesn't deal in warts and all reproductions; its simulation of a JCM800, for example, is miles better than Marshall's best current effort. Every single sound on the AxeFX is boutique quality.
And there is a ridiculous amount of sounds on there.
So when all of that is taken into account, 2000 Euros is ridiculously good value for money.
The Atomic Reactor is the icing on the cake; lets the AxeFX breathe in a way you won't achieve if you just put it through the PA.
I think you can pick that all up for $3000. If not then my mistake, but if it's not too much of a stretch it'd be a wise move.
I'm really in awe of the AxeFX after trying it out. It was just, I could create every sound I'd ever heard in my head, and some others that surpassed those sounds.
This. All of it.