Really interesting, had a dissonant oriental sound. The flute timbre was an interesting contrast to the stringed instrument. Was this all done on a synthesizer? Also, I like the way in which you drag the last note a little bit, it would be interesting if it were followed by a heavily distorted guitar or something =p. I checked out a couple of your other tracks, you've got some sweet riffs.

Can you check out my song?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1156414
The flute is a sample of a mellotron, you might recognize it being used in Strawberry Fields Forever. Everything was done in Fruity Loops 3.4. The rest of EP is gonna be pretty obvious Burzum/Darkthrone and Profanatica worship, with samurai themes and more Japanese influences.

Also, bumped/critted your thread.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Jul 4, 2009,
This was pretty sweet as far as introductions go. The dissonance was interesting in that it gave off a sort of "acoustic" black metal vibe (as black metal is pretty well known for its use of dissonance). The synth sound in the background was very nice. It had a very interesting mood. Not overly dark but nothing happy either.

If your ever interested in working on some songs with someone with similar tastes feel free to hit me up on here. I know working through the internet is kind of a pain in the ass, but if your ever interested we could probably make it work. I love mixing ambient music and black metal together. I have a few pieces I have been working on if your interested.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
I've listened to your work, I think I've left crits before too. I've liked what I've listened to, but I seem to recall Firefox crashing.
I like the idea of collaboration, either like a split or combined work on a track.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Last edited by STABxYOU at Jul 7, 2009,
Haha. Internet Explorer and Firefox have the tendency to crash a lot when a person goes on to my profile. I am not sure why. I have stuff on youtube as well which makes it less crashy (which is always nice).

Either of those options would both be of interest to me. If you want, send me your e-mail and we can exchange some ideas or something.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Love the idea, but it could do with some reverb, especially on the mellotron. At the moment it's just a bit too there. Also it could build up some more. But it's definitely got the feel and the athmosphere right.
I like this "Intro" very much. The background music fits great, so as the flute. The lead string you used kinda surprised me. Overall, it sounds pretty good and a great intro for an EP/Album.
Alright, I think I have a final edit done, but it's not getting posted until my side of the split is done.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!