Alright, I'm in a predicament. I tried guitars at my local music store today, and I narrowed it down to two choices. First, there's the Hagstrom Viking Deluxe Tremar, which is a really nice semi-hollowbody with a Bigsby style tremolo system. I also tried the Hagstrom Super Swede, which is a Les Paul-type guitar. Both were very nice, but I'm stuck on choosing between them. The Viking was $849 and the Super Swede was $649. I play pretty much every kind of punk rock there is, lots of alternative rock, and I meddle in jazz and blues as well. Amp-wise, I play a Peavey Valveking 212. Sometimes, I use a Zoom G2.1u multi-effect pedal, as well as an Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi. Most times, when I'm playing by myself at home, I just go straight into the amp. Any input is welcome. Thanks!!
Member #6 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Did you use it through that setup? If so, it depends if you want thick LP tone or lighter sort of 335 type tone.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I played it through a Valveking 112 at the store, no effects or anything. And I'm down for any sound really, I have an Ibanez Destroyer right now, so I'd be welcome to the 335 tone, but really anything is good for me.
Member #6 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!