hey guys.im really into playing my own music.playing alot of improviset solos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4KS_5zEwMI&feature=channel_page

i want youre honest option about this song.one part i really **** up the rest is ok for me..its alot of pentatonics...you can help me and tell on what should i work in my improvising.just tell me that i suck it you think so i will appreciate every option on it.

cheers mates
there are parts where it feels like you're playing atempo with yourself, i'm not sure if that's intentional or not though, you do a good job of hitting the right notes, it's just your rhythm that's a bit off
This is how the world ends.
Not bad.
but I get the feeling that you figured out what key you were in and just worked in the right scale patterns.

Try thinking more chord to chord, not just the scales overall.
It will help you with some better melodies that build up up better.

but you definately have the right idea

Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
oh i get the point.i should use like the main notes of the song and use the scales only as a guide to get the melodies? thanks
ends and vibrato need work. Aside from that not bad, keep up the good work.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
your rythm sounds a bit off. try getting a metronome and using it while recording (with your headphones of course).

also, the licks are very repetitive. try to learn more licks and make some more creative ones.
you also need to get a beter vibrato.

i think the lead guitar was a bit out of tune when comapring to the rythm one, so things sound kinda off. looks like it was a bit down tuned. I'm not actually shure though.

EDIT:
Quote by hitl
oh i get the point.i should use like the main notes of the song and use the scales only as a guide to get the melodies? thanks

well, kinda.
check this out. it will help you a lot
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5777562536751428345&ei=RMRPSor1NYy6qwPv0azCBg&q=%2Celodic+control
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Jul 4, 2009,
thanks mates.now i really notice that the vibratos are really weak.and that most of the licks are repetitive.

thanks alot for the link i will watch the whole damn thing and play to it.
Quote by hitl
thanks alot for the link i will watch the whole damn thing and play to it.

you don't actually need to play to it, but it will help you to kinda understand how the chords must define your lead playing- they are not separate stuff.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Last edited by ldnovelo at Jul 4, 2009,
Quote by ldnovelo
your rythm sounds a bit off. try getting a metronome and using it while recording (with your headphones of course).

also, the licks are very repetitive. try to learn more licks and make some more creative ones.
you also need to get a beter vibrato.

i think the lead guitar was a bit out of tune when comapring to the rythm one, so things sound kinda off. looks like it was a bit down tuned. I'm not actually shure though.

EDIT:

well, kinda.
check this out. it will help you a lot
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5777562536751428345&ei=RMRPSor1NYy6qwPv0azCBg&q=%2Celodic+control

I think the "tuning issues" were due to his mic. I also use a cheapo mic, and... well, they tend to do that to just about everything, musical or not.
Quote by i_don't_know
I think the "tuning issues" were due to his mic. I also use a cheapo mic, and... well, they tend to do that to just about everything, musical or not.

ok. it just sounds like if he was bending out of tune in some notes, even though there was no hearable(?) bending. so that was the first thing that came into my mind.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

I liked it. I thought it had kind of a Buckethead feel to it.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
I'd definitely follow what was mentioned about the metronome. It's really annoying to have to focus on something so monotonous as staying on the beat, but it is freaking annoying when someone shifts away from it. I enjoy the style of your playing, and I think you have a good mood going there, although I do tend to get bored of it after the first few chord progressions. You should try adding a few variations and different chord progressions to see what else can be explored.

Oh. And don't forget the metronome. . If you don't have one and are too lazy to go out and buy one well...enjoy. http://www.metronomeonline.com/
I really like it...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by NaivexLi
Not bad.
but I get the feeling that you figured out what key you were in and just worked in the right scale patterns.

Try thinking more chord to chord, not just the scales overall.
It will help you with some better melodies that build up up better.

but you definately have the right idea

poped into the thread, read the posts, and saw this one that stood out, this is a concept i've honestly never thought about, and can barely grasp. that would probably help me as well, would you elaborate or show a place on ug where i can read up on that?
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
- tune your guitar
- practice your bends
- keep your time

you've got some good ideas but you need to work more on your phrasing
Little bit off on timing
Sounds a bit forced, you gotta let it flow
other than that, pretty good!
Work on your chords >=\
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
thanks guys..i find it very difficult to solo at chord changes..the video is pretty awsome but i still dont know how i shall work on it

i been palying for to long 6years.but only for fun.serious playing since a half year now
Quote by hitl
thanks guys..i find it very difficult to solo at chord changes..the video is pretty awsome but i still dont know how i shall work on it

i been palying for to long 6years.but only for fun.serious playing since a half year now

Well the easiest way to do it is like this.

lets say your chord progression is G D C C

(Knocking on Heaven's door, anyone? XD)

Try playing over that song (or a backing track to it, a pretty good one can be found here : http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/play/guns_n_roses/knockin_on_heavens_door.htm )

Start of by soloing in just first position (your first finger on the 1st fret, where you would play the chords for this song)

just work around with that on the G, then on the D chord work around with those notes.
Same for the C.

Then when you feel a bit more comfortable with that, transpose the chords. Play them up higher
(if you dont know how go to http://all-guitar-chords.com/ and put in the chord you want, then hit "variations" it will have numbers. Pick different numbers.
Try improving with the chords in different positions.
Remeber, you dont need to stick with JUST the notes in the chord, but try not to stray too far off.
Looking at chord variations may give you ideas for what kind of patterns you like.

Just becuase the G in the song is played as the open G in first position, does not mean you have to think of it as that exact chord. Any form of the G chord on the neck will work, and may give you more ideas.

I'm sorry for how terrible this explanation was... -_-

I'm going to make it a point either tonight or tomorrow to come back and write a better more instructive version of this...
with actual examples maybe?

but I wanted to get the idea out there, but I actually have to be going.

I hope this helped, and if not I hope my next post here will help you!
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
Quote by NaivexLi

I hope this helped, and if not I hope my next post here will help you!
well thanks mate i get the point (somehow) but i stil have no idea how i should do it. try to play with arpeggios with the chord progression?
Just thought the bending and vibrato was off a bit too much. Keep on practicing that.
Nice work though. Gave it ****.(as in, four stars)
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp