Page 3 of 98
Quote by divid3d
the best way to understand it is to watch DJs in action, speak to them, and listen to mixes so you can hear what the DJ is doing.

if you have any questions i'd be happy to try and answer them

Awesome. Do you have any recommendations? I really like DJ Shadow a lot.
Quote by JacobTheMe
Awesome. Do you have any recommendations? I really like DJ Shadow a lot.

check out the techno & dance thread that is stickied in the 'other' forum in b&a. the kids in there can probably recommend you some electronic stuff that you'd like
from daylight...
...into darkness
I have Led Zeppelin I-IV on vinyl, plus AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds."
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Snake™
I have Led Zeppelin I-IV on vinyl, plus AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds."

I almost had Led Zeppelin I (when I bought IV), but the manager recognized the title and took it into her office, "Because it is probably a collectors item."

LAME

Curiously, how much do you guys pay for your stuff?
I've only bought records at the thrift store, so they cost like a dollar
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
Curiously, how much do you guys pay for your stuff?
I've only bought records at the thrift store, so they cost like a dollar

i've paid anywhere between a few bucks and $40 per record, including shipping (most of what i buy comes from the netherlands or the UK, i can only buy certain things locally). the standard price for a new release is about $18 aussie, second hand are around $10 usually. rare records can go for much much more than the highest i have paid. btw this is for records that contain between 1 and 4 tracks generally, they aren't full albums.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by stratdud39
Best thread ever!
I'll post some pics in a little bit

Quote by JacobTheMe

This is my new favorite thread.

*stickied*

Quote by JackWhite333
Sweet, you got Hot Rats and Night At The Opera!

Yeah, all of the Queen records I found in my parents collection, and I got the Hot Rats LP from eBay, it's amazing how great it sounds for what is essentially a 40 year old piece of plastic

Also, what systems do you guys use to listen to your stuff?

I have a pretty bad setup at the moment, hoping to get an amp with a pre out pretty soon so I can connect my sub-woofer.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Last edited by ScottB. at Jul 5, 2009,
I have:

Limited-edition single of Divinations and double-gatefold version of Crack the Skye.

I...am...awesome.
Quote by ScottB.
Also, what systems do you guys use to listen to your stuff?

I have a pretty bad setup at the moment, hoping to get an amp with a pre out pretty soon so I can connect my sub-woofer.

my current djing/music listening setup is:

2x stanton st.150 turntables
ortofon om nightclub e needles
behringer djx700 mixer (borrowed from a friend, soon to be replaced by a pioneer mixer, probably a djm600)
sennheiser hd-25 headphones
m-audio bx5a studio monitors
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by JackWhite333
^ Mastodon fan, eh? Crack The Skye is on my "Must Buy On Vinyl" list lol

Indeed.

Must keep myself from opening it, though...only 2500 were made...
Sweet thread is sweet.

I just found the coolest record shop of all time, here in Boston.

In Your Ear Music. ****ing amazing.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Come on this thread needs some more pictures
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
ok here is one of my picture discs...

A side:

B side:

i think it's rather prettyful it matches my seismic records slipmats haha:

i'll post some more pics later
from daylight...
...into darkness
I love vinyl. My uncle gave me about 300 records a few years ago, and I got more since then.
Pics:

I'd list them but as you can see it would take forever.
Oh, and don't mind the mess in my cabinet
Quote by ToffeeandApples
You my friend, put the pwn in pwnt.

Hell Yeah
Hooray for grainy, low quality web cam pics.

Amputechture

Deloused

And few other ones:

EDIT: There are no vinyl stores in my town, but I'm heading up to Auckland tomorrow or the next day, So I should be adding a few goodies to my collection

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Last edited by ub3r_bassist666 at Jul 6, 2009,
Just bid 38€ total (plus shipping) on

Yes - 90125
Rory Gallagher - Deuce
Ten Years After - About Tme
Bruce Springsteen - Working On A Dream

I've never heard any of them, should be interesting..
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Quote by ub3r_bassist666
Hooray for grainy, low quality web cam pics.

Amputechture

Deloused

And few other ones:

EDIT: There are no vinyl stores in my town, but I'm heading up to Auckland tomorrow or the next day, So I should be adding a few goodies to my collection

Nice doors records, are they originals?
Quote by guitarhero_764

My newest is this Russian Circles and These Arms Are Snakes split ep I got a few weeks back.

I also have

Enter the Wu-tang- Wu-Tang Clan
Straight Outta Compton- NWA
Desire- Bob Dylan
and a bunch more I don't care too much for but those for are great.

Last edited by panterarocker at Jul 7, 2009,
My dad gave me his record collection and i bought one of those modern day record players from Target. Most of his records are dance and disco but he has almost every beatles record and led zeppelin and Pink Floyd.
*Bumps Thread*

New record day! Yay!

Just picked up:

In Rainbows - Radiohead

Batcat EP - Mogwai

Crytomnesia - El Grupo Nuevo De Omar Rodriguez Lopez

Quote by ScottB.
Nice doors records, are they originals?

Yeah, both of them are.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Quote by divid3d
my current djing/music listening setup is:

2x stanton st.150 turntables
ortofon om nightclub e needles
behringer djx700 mixer (borrowed from a friend, soon to be replaced by a pioneer mixer, probably a djm600)
sennheiser hd-25 headphones
m-audio bx5a studio monitors

Nice setup. I would kill for something like that at present. Just have an old DJ turntable attached to the home system.

I'll have to drag out the camera this weekend and take some pictures of the better stuff.
My collection:

Scorpions "Love at First Sting"

Scorpions"World Wide Live"

Def Leppard "Pyromania"

Rod Stewart "Never a Dull Moment"

Guns N Roses "Appettite for Destruction"

R.E.M. "Document"

Not to much but its good to me.
Quote by ub3r_bassist666
*Bumps Thread*

New record day! Yay!

Just picked up:

In Rainbows - Radiohead

Batcat EP - Mogwai

EPIC. did Crypto come with a poster?
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Quote by ub3r_bassist666

In Rainbows - Radiohead

Nice, whats it like/how much?
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by anarkee
Nice setup. I would kill for something like that at present. Just have an old DJ turntable attached to the home system.

thanks

what's funny is that i've got it all sitting on a coffee table because that's the only surface in my room that it would fit on and i can't afford a new desk just yet, and the monitors are sitting on stacks of books. it's rather ghetto

i'm moving house at the end of the year, and when i do so i'll buy a new desk, and some stands for the monitors, and get it all set up nice and proper. i'll have the new mixer by then too, it'll be sweeeeeeet

will take some more pics of my records soon!
from daylight...
...into darkness
Whoa thats an awesome setup divid3d

What sort of music do you play/mix?
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by divid3d
how so? you can drop the needle anywhere you like... please explain.
Didn't see this until now. Basically when I listen to an album on vinyl I just start at the beginning and go until it's time to flip it. Of course you can start wherever you want, but it's a lot easier to skip a song when you're listening to a CD or MP3.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Coincidently, I'm listening to my Rubber Soul - The Beatles LP now
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by ScottB.
Whoa thats an awesome setup divid3d

What sort of music do you play/mix?

hardstyle. do you know it?
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by Bubbles203
I got the whole Bob Dylan discography, a ton of clash, and doobie brothers, creedence clearwater revival, etc.

Think about 100-125 records total. maybe more

Fucking. Awesome.

As for me, I have one. Derek Trucks Band's 'Already Free' autographed.
Quote by divid3d
hardstyle. do you know it?

Sadly, no
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by ScottB.
Sadly, no

It's a type of music that mixes hardcore and electronica together.
So, curious question that is related to vinyl, where is a good place to buy a [record player]. I recently discovered that my needle is completely shot on mine (and the motor is running a bit slow due to age). Nothing really fancy, I'm sure like a Thrift store would suit my needs, but I think something new might be better?

Like I'm only exposed to three kinds of these, old fashion mono-boxes with the built in speaker, ones connected to stereos/hi-fis, and DJ turntables.

I don't know which way to really go on this at all (I don't think I'll get one soon, but just as a "good to know" sort of intellectual device)
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
So, curious question that is related to vinyl, where is a good place to buy a [record player]. I recently discovered that my needle is completely shot on mine (and the motor is running a bit slow due to age). Nothing really fancy, I'm sure like a Thrift store would suit my needs, but I think something new might be better?

Like I'm only exposed to three kinds of these, old fashion mono-boxes with the built in speaker, ones connected to stereos/hi-fis, and DJ turntables.

I don't know which way to really go on this at all (I don't think I'll get one soon, but just as a "good to know" sort of intellectual device)

In regards to the needle, you don't necessarily need a new turntable, just a new cartridge. But if the turntable is slow, you pretty much need a new one
Quote by guitarhero_764

I slip back and forth between cd and vinyl for my main music source. For now my vinyl collection is some what small.

Stevie Wonder - Songs in The Key of Life
Johnny Cash - Live at San Quentin
Marvin Gaye - I Want you
Marvin Gaye - Here, My dear
The Whispers - Life and breath
Ramones - Self Titled
Joy Division - Closer
Velvet Underground - White Light White Heat
Bad Brains - Self Titled
Bad Brains - Live
New York Dolls - Self Titled

most of them were salvaged from thrift shops and the 1 and 5 dollar records at my record store.
Quote by ScottB.
In regards to the needle, you don't necessarily need a new turntable, just a new cartridge. But if the turntable is slow, you pretty much need a new one

Yeah, it is a problem of both. There is no point in replacing the needle if the motor is going bad. So any takers on like where to get record players? The web?
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
Yeah, it is a problem of both. There is no point in replacing the needle if the motor is going bad. So any takers on like where to get record players? The web?

if you just want a turntable for listening purposes you should be able to pick one up at a hifi/electronics store that sells cd players and such.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by ub3r_bassist666
*Bumps Thread*

New record day! Yay!

Just picked up:

In Rainbows - Radiohead

Batcat EP - Mogwai

Yeah, both of them are.

Huzzah same for me.

I got:

Abbey Road - The Beatles

Cat Scratch Fever - Ted Nugent

Led Zeppelin IV

aaaand the best yet, Never Gonna Give You Up the single!