Page 5 of 98
Quote by JackWhite333
My Horehound- The Dead Weather vinyl came today!

Sweet!

I just snagged a couple of things from ebay

The Cure - Boys Don't Cry LP
The Cure - Friday I'm in Love single (marbled purple :eek

I'll post pictures when I get them.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Bumpedy bump- Look what I bought today
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I haven't listened to them yet, I've noly listened to The Harder They Come, which is freaking brilliant.
Quote by guitarhero_764

There is a copy of Joy Division's "Closer" at my music shop down town. I think i'll go grab it if I get the time.
I just found a copy of Jefferson Airplane's "Bless its pointed little head" in fair condition. 15 USD.
Quote by anarkee
I just found a copy of Jefferson Airplane's "Bless its pointed little head" in fair condition. 15 USD.

I have Surrealistic Pillow on CD, not a great sound but I'm sure it would be amazing on licorice form
Quote by guitarhero_764

Just ordered Dan le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip "Angles" and Godspeed You! Black Emperor "F#A#oo" from Normanrecords.

Really cheap shipping which I was surprised about. And a free CD copy of Angles.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Nice one.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
I just found a record store that isn't too far from my house. I hope I don't get addicted.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
^pfft, chances are you already are addicted
Quote by SeamoreButts667

I have this
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by ScottB.
^pfft, chances are you already are addicted

I have this

Hell yeah dude. Its great to listen to at night.
Gaaahh, I found a copy of Frances the Mute by The Mars Volta.

Its 100$

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Quote by element4433
I just found a record store that isn't too far from my house. I hope I don't get addicted.

Sorry, you most likely WILL get addicted. But it's okay, 'cuz vinyl is fun to listen to, beginning to be "cool" again AND the greatest albums of all time were on vinyl first.

I over 9000 vinyls (about 20) and I gotta say, you haven't lived until you listen to The Beatles White Album in it's entirety on vinyl in order. Or The Who's Tommy, for that matter.

EDIT: I also have 3.5 (Formerly 4.5) record stores in close proximity to my house (The Exclusive Company, Bullseye Records, Musical Memories, Flipville Records ( The ".5" record store. Not much of a record store anyway, more liek a vintage toy store. Creepy, dimly lit, in poor shape and allows records to fade in direct sunlight. ) and ATOMIC RECORDS, which sadly went out of business after 25 great years.)

Ahh....rant over.
DIO FOREVER
Last edited by 60CycleHum at Jul 18, 2009,
Quote by 60CycleHum
*Is kidding, read more closely after the 9000 plz*

Oh, i thought the 20 meant you were 20 years old and had collected 9000 already lol.
i'm very nicely addicted to vinyl. i started collecting in january and i have over 120 records so far. i'd have a lot more if i could afford it, but the collection is steadily growing haha
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by ub3r_bassist666
Gaaahh, I found a copy of Frances the Mute by The Mars Volta.

Its 100$

Geez, thats a lot
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Quote by JackWhite333
Geez, thats a lot

To be fair, that is NZ dollars. & it is very rare here.

I also just found a copy of F#A#(infinity) by GY!BE for 38$, if its still there next week when I have money I'll grab it

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
But getting addicted to vinyl would mean having to get a job, and you can't do nothing when you have stuff to do
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I have lots of records I bought new back in the day. I was playing deep purple machine head the other day, its kinda scratched up after 30 yrs or so.
I have a bit less than 200 or so. Including originals of all the Morrison-era Doors albums (Excluding the first, 1973 print), About 12 Bob Dylan albums, some Beatles, and a decent amount of Zappa and the Dead.

A few pics of some of my favorites (Taken on a camera phone):

Frank Zappa & the Mothers - Absolutely Free, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Bob Dylan - The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan, Frank Zappa & The Mothers - Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Public Enemy - It Takes A Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back

Sublime - Sublime, Monty Python - Matching Tie & Handkerchief, The Grateful Dead - The Grateful Dead
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Didn't get into Vinyl until the other day actually. I've been interested for awhile but never had a record player and the only records I had were my moms and she was into the folk rock of the 60's. Basically the only record I knew I'd enjoy was a Bob Dylan record.

Then when Lamb of God came out with Wrath I went and got it first day and since I had some extra money I thought why not get the deluxe set with the Vinyl.

That was months ago and recently I found an old 1970s huge record player someone was throwing away, the big ass ones that look like tables and had the speakers and everything.

So I decide to play the Wrath record on it. I was shocked. The sound was so much heavier and better than the CD, everything sounded better than the CD.

So needless to I am becoming a Vinyl junkie.

Know any good sites to buy records from?
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
I have Frampton Comes To Life, a Billy Joel's Greatest Hits compilation, and the soundtrack to Jesus Christ Superstar. I like to buy vinyl but I don't have a record player anymore, and any records shops are far away from me. There are some good sites that sell vinyl but I've forgotten them.
Quote by element4433
But getting addicted to vinyl would mean having to get a job, and you can't do nothing when you have stuff to do

Not if you buy used vinyl. I often find great albums in good condition for less than $5 at local record stores. I bought Revolver yesterday for $2.
Quote by thewho65
I have Frampton Comes To Life, a Billy Joel's Greatest Hits compilation, and the soundtrack to Jesus Christ Superstar. I like to buy vinyl but I don't have a record player anymore, and any records shops are far away from me. There are some good sites that sell vinyl but I've forgotten them.

Which one? is it the concept with Ian Gillan? Thats my favorite.
searching for a record player. search not going good. my cousins may give me theirs, but i sorta want a differnt one.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Here are some albums that my dad owns and i have added to my vinyl collection.
I believe that "Bitches Brew" by Miles Davis is probably my favorite and the rarest.
Grand Funk Live kick A** also.

Grand Funk Live

The Allman Brothers:

Issac Hayes, "Joy" lol. (Voice of Chef from South Park for those who dont know of him)R.I.P. Mr. Hayes.
I supported BUSH.
I DO NOT support OBAMA.
BITE ME.
Zooey Deschanel = Amazing
Here are 2 more:
Grand Funk "Railroad" (Awesome Vinyl. It is extremely shiny and shaped like a Dime)

And here is a rare Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon" Vinyl with a twist to the album art.

....just kidding, its a "Bob James" record that looks as if he ripped off floyd
I supported BUSH.
I DO NOT support OBAMA.
BITE ME.
Zooey Deschanel = Amazing
A few weeks ago I bought the re-released Ten on Vinyl. I came home to find my turntable was missing a needle and wiring.

BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
I miss my vinyl collection.

I have a very decent collection including the essential Floyd albums, the first half of the Zeppelin discography (originals), quite a few Beatles albums, a European copy of Electric Ladyland (the one with all of the nudes on the cover) some great soul records featuring the likes of Otis Redding and Aretha Franklin, and a decent jazz ensemble featuring a first edition of Miles Davis' Kind of Blue and a nice copy of Bitches Brew.

I've probably got around 150 records but they are all back home in Texas along with my record player. However, I have found THE coolest record shop in the world just down from my new apartment and whenever I move in next semester, I shall be purchasing a new turn table and beefing up my collection. I have already found (and am saving up money to purchase) albums from bands like the Beta Band, Midnight Lightning and Band of Gypsies by Hendrix, Texas Flood - SRV, some great James Brown, Muddy Waters and many other wonderful albums.

I am still currently looking for Live at the Filmore East - The Allman Brothers Band and The Three EP's - The Beta Band.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.