Hello

My uncle gave me his at-212 amp and it my first amp. The thing is that i cant get the gain to work. what ever setting i have gain on it remains the same. And im not sure if its the tubes.
Thanks for the help guys
Last edited by eatmyshade at Jul 4, 2009,
Are you saying that when you turn the gain knob, it does not affect your sound or volume at all?

If this is true, it could be that you are on the wrong channel for the gain knob you are turning (unless it's a global master), or the preamp tubes are shot.
yea when im on the gain channel i can have the knob at 3 then at 10 and it sounds the same
it sounds like either the pot is dead, or a gain stage is dead. Hope for the best.....
The pot attached to the gain knob could be broken, or it could be a dead preamp tube. Unless your volume is cutting in and out, it's unlikely that it's a power tube problem.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The pot attached to the gain knob could be broken, or it could be a dead preamp tube. Unless your volume is cutting in and out, it's unlikely that it's a power tube problem.

Concur with you matrix. It could be his V2 or V3 gain stage. However, a dead pot is just as possible. If you change the preamp tubes and still have this issue, then it's the gain pot.
hmmm i re tried it when i increase turn the knob the volume increases but gain remains the same so the pot must be working. So might be pre amp tube? And what is a pre amp tube? Any recommendations for classic rock pre amp tube?

Sorry for all the questions im new to amps