So I recently learned "I'm Alright" by Neil Zaza on guitar and now I'am looking to learn some similar style songs

Can you guys name some more songs for me to look at which have a similar "feel" to the song that I mentioned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZc0Ln9DTKQ
^ incase you havent heard the song before

(I already know "Cliffs of Dover" by Eric Johnson and dont really want anything by Paul Gilbert, that stuff is out of my league at the moment )

Thanks in advance
i was going to suggest neil zaza! damnit.

im almost done with it myself, i think i have maybe two more sweeping positions to memorize and im done. great song, sounds great sped up a little bit and with your guitar tuned a half step down, have you tried it a half step down yet? i think it sounds sooooo much better that way.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
A lot of Nuno Bettencourt's work. He's a string skipping demon.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by conor1148
i was going to suggest neil zaza! damnit.

im almost done with it myself, i think i have maybe two more sweeping positions to memorize and im done. great song, sounds great sped up a little bit and with your guitar tuned a half step down, have you tried it a half step down yet? i think it sounds sooooo much better that way.

no I havent, I will make sure to try it though, thanks
Hmm, if Gilbert is out of you league I'd imagine you're playing a much simplified version of Cliffs.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Racer X- Scarified

Paul Gilbert- The Gargoyle
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by misterfarenheit
im not sure what skipping strings means, but the solo from hysteria by muse skips the B string and is kind of hard to play cleanly

It's not that mate

It's when you skip a sting and play the one above/below
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
even though Gilbert's stuff is out of your league atm, i would still highly recommend some Gilbert lessons from youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKvIAuXMl7U

this one is quite helpful even though it may seem daunting at first. if you can play the exact lick he plays, make your own up using the same pattern and eventually once you get the technique down, i assure you, in time, you'll be able to play it up to speed.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Jul 4, 2009,
Quote by Waterboy799
even though Gilbert's stuff is out of your league atm, i would still highly recommend some Gilbert lessons from youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKvIAuXMl7U

this one is quite helpful even though it may seem daunting at first. if you can play the exact lick he plays, make your own up using the same pattern and eventually once you get the technique down, i assure you, in time, you'll be able to play it up to speed.

thanks alot man
I'll have a go at it
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
thanks alot man
I'll have a go at it

there are a bunch of other lessons from Gilbert floating around on youtube that go over string skipping, it's where i pretty much learned the technique, and Gilbert's an awesome teacher so those videos may help you a lot.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat