Page 1 of 2
I might be getting the inferno red DBZ bird of prey....does anyone have experience with it? I havent gotten to play it yet so idk...but what are your guys' opinions on it?
My Gear
ESP EX-400
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Peavey Valveking 112
Electro-harmonix Metal Muff with Top Boost
Mogami Cables
Dunlop Tortex Orange .60mm Picks
DiMarzio Cliplock Strap
I only have three dragonballs
Quote by rorypearce
"Orange amp owners unite"?

......form of... Tiny terror

Quote by CullenT
^

WIN!
Powwerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Leeeeeeevelllllllllllll Is 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Shawn Sousa
I might be getting the inferno red DBZ bird of prey....does anyone have experience with it? I havent gotten to play it yet so idk...but what are your guys' opinions on it?

i haven't had any experience with them, but they are nice looking guitars. i want to get the USA Venom some day. what series are you getting?? USA??
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Quote by JKMV11
i haven't had any experience with them, but they are nice looking guitars. i want to get the USA Venom some day. what series are you getting?? USA??

no he's getting a dragon ball GT
Quote by rorypearce

Quote by CullenT
^

WIN!
shut the **** up evberyone whose ****ing spamming.

and naw not the USA the import its gonna be about a grand with sales tax included
My Gear
ESP EX-400
Peavey Valveking 112
Mogami Cables
DiMarzio Cliplock Strap
Quote by hocusfocus
Powwerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Leeeeeeevelllllllllllll Is 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong.

It's OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All stupid and annoying internet memes aside, they look like good guitars. Dean seems to really take pride in them.

I personally have yet to even see one in a store so i can't tell you what it's like but on paper they look good.
Quote by rorypearce
no he's getting a dragon ball GT

if your not going to post anything constructive, then go post in another thread. it sounds like you don't even know what DBZ stands for. it is Dean Zelinsky's initials. he left Dean guitars to for DBZ, which imo are better.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Quote by JKMV11
if your not going to post anything constructive, then go post in another thread. it sounds like you don't even know what DBZ stands for. it is Dean Zelinsky's initials. he left Dean guitars to for DBZ, which imo are better.

iM NOT BRAIN DAMAGED. I do know that they are a brand formed by dean zelinsky

dragon dragon ball..... etc. etc.
Quote by rorypearce

Quote by CullenT
^

WIN!
Quote by Shawn Sousa
shut the **** up evberyone whose ****ing spamming.

and naw not the USA the import its gonna be about a grand with sales tax included

nice. i'm going to try to get the USA b/c of the mahogany body. idk how alder sounds, but i know mahogany is good for metal.....and i play a lot of metal.

another plus is it has EMG pickups. and an original floyd rose, as well as a set in neck.

i say go for it.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Quote by rorypearce

so you admit to intentionally posting off topic spam?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by rorypearce

well then you should've either posted something constructive, or not post at all. we don't need meaningless comments filling up a thread.

i'm not trying to insult your intelligence, but the TS wants info and opinions on this guitar; something you failed to post.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Quote by JKMV11
well then you should've either posted something constructive, or not post at all. we don't need meaningless comments filling up a thread.

i'm not trying to insult your intelligence, but the TS wants info and opinions on this guitar; something you failed to post.

Ok then, I think DBZ are pointless they are just deans withs a different headstock.
Quote by rorypearce

Quote by CullenT
^

WIN!
good job on being completely immature little kids guys.

i dont know much about those guitars, but they look nice. For some reason i have a feeling they are going to be very nice guitars and form a nice number of loyal customers, kinda like schecter.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by rorypearce
Ok then, I think DBZ are pointless they are just deans withs a different headstock.

have you ever played one? more than likely, no, or you'll jsut lie and say you have to make your e-penis bigger.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by Pac_man0123
You couldn't be more wrong.

You couldn't be less of a pacman
Quote by rorypearce

Quote by CullenT
^

WIN!
Quote by rorypearce

Jesus Christ stop spamming the thread.

On topic: The Venom has caught my eye, especially the matte black with red highlights. They seem like DBZ is going to be top notch quality, unlike Dean.
Quote by Black-Metal
you sir, are my favourite american

When god gives you lemons, YOU FIND A NEW GOD!
omfg i just wanted some info not to start a ****ing war lolz....thank you for people that constructively posted im pumped to get this guitat...i just dont want it to suck lolz
My Gear
ESP EX-400
Peavey Valveking 112
Mogami Cables
DiMarzio Cliplock Strap
Quote by rorypearce

Reported for spam now shut the hell up.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by rorypearce

thats better, but i have to rebut that argument. DBZ guitar have a highly creative body style that has yet to be seen. they are like Dean guitars in a way, but taking them to the next level. if i remember correctly, Dean left his company b/c of business practices or something like that; i think DBZ guitar will soon outshine Dean. all they have to do is become more well known. although i can't vouch for their construction or reliability, they look like really great guitars and it looks like Dean put some real thought into them.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Quote by JKMV11
thats better, but i have to rebut that argument. DBZ guitar have a highly creative body style that has yet to be seen. they are like Dean guitars in a way, but taking them to the next level. if i remember correctly, Dean left his company b/c of business practices or something like that; i think DBZ guitar will soon outshine Dean. all they have to do is become more well known. although i can't vouch for their construction or reliability, they look like really great guitars and it looks like Dean put some real thought into them.

Fair enough but still everything probably won't be that great to startwith as they are just finding their feet.
Quote by rorypearce

Quote by CullenT
^

WIN!
Quote by Kahn89
On topic: The Venom has caught my eye, especially the matte black with red highlights. They seem like DBZ is going to be top notch quality, unlike Dean.

ya, that one caught my eye too. once i get the money, i'm getting the USA model.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Quote by rorypearce
Fair enough but still everything probably won't be that great to startwith as they are just finding their feet.

true, but they have the foundation in place.

they also are working with an amp company called Diamond amps. they look great too. i think the band, Dope uses both DBZ and Diamond amps. so they are getting more popular. in a few years i think they will outshine dean.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Quote by Pac_man0123
Dean isn't "finding his feet", he's had a lot of experience running a company.

+1
Quote by Black-Metal
you sir, are my favourite american

When god gives you lemons, YOU FIND A NEW GOD!
Quote by Pac_man0123
Dean isn't "finding his feet", he's had a lot of experience running a company.

I see what your saying but setting up new factories and all that jazz, rome wasn't built in a day
Quote by rorypearce

Quote by CullenT
^

WIN!
I personally detest DBZ for nothing more than Dean collaborated with Ed Roman to make them. I don't doubt that they are quality instruments, I just hate anything Ed Roman with a burning passion
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by Metlhead443
I personally detest DBZ for nothing more than Dean collaborated with Ed Roman to make them. I don't doubt that they are quality instruments, I just hate anything Ed Roman with a burning passion

im with you there, apparently dean hired one of the guys fired from Parker/Washburn USA because he was leaking prototype and other info online. Also Ed Roman is a tool who charges too much for below average guitars.

Also guy who said about Diamond amps, they have been around a while and im pretty sure that they are only under the same distribution company and nothing more than that.

Anyway TS i think you made a decent choice that thing does look like it could take an eye out though!! We want pics wen u get it
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by JKMV11
nice. i'm going to try to get the USA b/c of the mahogany body. idk how alder sounds, but i know mahogany is good for metal.....and i play a lot of metal.

another plus is it has EMG pickups. and an original floyd rose, as well as a set in neck.

i say go for it.

alder is great for metal ask alexi laiho of bodom. his sig esp's are alder.............i preosonally like alder more than mahogany. for metal anyways
~GEAR~
Dean Vendetta XM
Schecter Damien FR
SD 59/JB
Raven RG100H/RG412
Crate GT-15
Delta Lab Metal Distortion
Boss DS-1
Meastro Overdrive
DOD Tec8
EB STHB 10-52
Dava Picks
I could see them being a quality instrument, as other posters have cited that the creation of the company was due to Dean Zelinsky(sp?) being fed up with direction of Dean Guitars as a company. So since his goal is essentially to reclaim his name I'd expect them to be solid instruments. However, I'm a huge advocate of always trying a guitar before you buy it but I could see that being damn near impossible with DBZ guitars right now. So my opinion would be to hold off until you can actually try one out first. Nothing worse than getting your hopes up on something and have it fall short of what you expected.
Quote by Shawn Sousa

if you end up getting this, then let me know how it plays; i'm curious to see if they play as good as they look.

Thanks, John.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Quote by MetalMan313
alder is great for metal ask alexi laiho of bodom. his sig esp's are alder.............i preosonally like alder more than mahogany. for metal anyways

well i haven't had any experience with any wood besides basswood. i am looking into a fixed bridge guitar for about $300; so i have decided to get an Ibanez RG321 b/c of the finish and mahogany wood. i was told that it is great for metal. i'm going to switch the pickups for something like SD Blackouts or Livewires.

but i may try alder some time down the road. i am a fan of bodom, so i may have to try it.

Thanks, John.
--Einstein

--Einstein
have they been released yet? i've seen talks about them for a few months but still haven't seen any pics outside of some promo shots.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
have they been released yet? i've seen talks about them for a few months but still haven't seen any pics outside of some promo shots.

im pretty sure its a special order only type of thing at the moment, shops are abit sketchy im guessing because of the economy and they generally want guitars which will sell quickly and not sit there for months.

Especially as some people still havent heard of DBZ yet, but ive heard quite afew good things on the dbz forum
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by JKMV11

but i may try alder some time down the road. i am a fan of bodom, so i may have to try it.

Thanks, John.

Bodom uses/used Blackouts and a JCM 2000, very high gain it dosnt matter a whole lot between mahogany/alder with that setup. but based on past EXP. mahogany seems to sustain a bit better while alder has a nice sound/close to mahogany and is lighter in weight.
Quote by DimeLvR
Bodom uses/used Blackouts and a JCM 2000, very high gain it dosnt matter a whole lot between mahogany/alder with that setup. but based on past EXP. mahogany seems to sustain a bit better while alder has a nice sound/close to mahogany and is lighter in weight.

bodom use EMGs, VHT heads live and marshall xabs and roope uses a jcm800 in studio and live. And alexi uses a krank rev head in the studio. Ive never seen them with a jcm2000.

But DBZs were created to be metal guitars but also have afew models aimed for all rounders
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
If you're looking to put actve pickups in it, the resonance quality of the wood makes little difference. It would be mainly for stability and sustain. If it's got an OFR, then the sustain is already compromised. A neck-through would help that out, but I understand it's a considerable amount of money more.

DBZ guitars look great to me. There are a lot of factories in Korea and China that are making very good instruments. One must understand that expert luthiers don't only come from the US. That being said, there are probably a lot of inexperienced workers in any given shop and ordering one can always be dangerous. Just be sure that you compare it with something else when you get it because it might not be up to snuff and hopefully returnable/exchangable.

nav00 - Roope signed with ENGL recently, so I imagine things will be getting a little more interesting with sound. Chris Broderick is with ENGL too, but appeared to be playing Marshall on tour. I imagine that wasn't much more than a farce though.
If I wasn't me, who else would I be?

Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded (02)
G&L Legacy Special
Peavey Special 212
Martin DXR1
I can't seem to find the guitar on the website. Since you obviously know it could you post the specs here, and a picture? Company-wise, I'm sure the guitars will have good quality control, these are all premium quality guitars and the company CEO isn't a ****job.
Page 1 of 2