I'm wondering if anyone has ever been to the Martin Factory and done the tour in PA? I'm graduating college this coming year and I'm thinking of making the trip from Texas to Pennsylvania to take a tour, play every guitar, and go home with my own Martin.

Basically, I'd like to know if anyone enjoyed the experience and found it worth it. The main reason I'm going of course is because I plan on getting a new instrument, but I figured I'd make an experience out of the buy but it will of course add up in travel expenses. If it's nothing spectacular, then I might just buy one in town and pop a bottle of Champagne.
I went. Loved it. Smells very strongly of wood, laquer, and glue though (then again, what would you expect?).
My old teacher said he went on it and that it was really cool. And even if its lame (though I doubt it will be) its still an experience, especially if you turn the trip into a road trip with your buddies.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
My most vivid memory from the tour was the guide taking some time to explain to us how much Elvis sucked at guitar and why his signature instrument had a leather cover to mute his crappy playing, lol.
That's awesome. My local shop actually has one of those guitars.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray