Page 1 of 2
Hello. I am a singer/screamer, and i am also good at guitar and electronics. I am looking for two guitarists, a bassist, and drummer.

the genres that i am generally into are nu metal, metalcore, and thrash metal. No punk rock. i am looking to have a unique band setup with two guitarists, a drummer, a bassist, and a sampler (i fill in that role as well as singer)

the genre i would like to do is melodic metalcore like killswitch engage

so just post here if you are interested
Last edited by RK OWnZz at Jul 4, 2009,
Hey, I play the guitar and sing. I don't have any trustworthy recordings up at the moment, though. I've been playing the guitar for two years. My main influence is Dream Theater, but melodic metalcore should be alright.

Also, who would be writing the music? Or would this be a cover band?
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
Hey, I'd also be interested in making a few riffs. I'm a guitarist and my main influences are Metallica, Iron Maiden and various lesser rock and metal bands. Perhaps you have a sample of some of your riffs I could digest to see what kind of music you make?
I could be a guitarist for you, i can record in good quality with crushing heavy tones, but how good do want the guitarist to be to join?
I could possibly fill one of the guitar roles. My main influences are Dream Theater and Opeth, but I play a lot of stuff like Lamb of God, and I used to play a lot of Killswitch Engage.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Though you didn't really ask for it, I could play synths if you ever need them. I could also program some decent sounding orchestral pieces as well. Check my profile for some examples if your interested. I am also capable of making electronic beats as well as programming normal drums with EZ Drummer.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
ok then ulalume i guess i can take you in as a sampler

between the four guitarists that want in, i have decided to choose metalgs3se and shard prime because of their listed artists that they play guitar on are some of my favorites.

muckypup and improvsolo, if you can play any other instruments, such as bass or drums (skill doesnt matter to me), i will be glad to take you. if you do, post here again

does anyone have suggestions for the name of the band? If not, i will use the name of my first band, redemption.
Last edited by RK OWnZz at Jul 5, 2009,
I could give bass a go?
Quote by NorseGodofRock
All the elitist self righteous douches in here inflating their egos with spiel about how "pick = not a bassist" can slice off their cocks and shove them up their asses. Make sure to remove the stick you apparently have lodged up there, though.
ok, ceduff you are bassist. i will message you and send you a friend request
Sweet, I can't wait to get started. Hopefully this band can produce something interesting.

Will we be doing any covers to start off? Or just jumping into writing songs.

Edit: As for the band name, Redemption works for me. I can never make interesting names, so that works.

I P R O G

Yeah a cover would be cool to start off with,something like ATR?
Quote by NorseGodofRock
All the elitist self righteous douches in here inflating their egos with spiel about how "pick = not a bassist" can slice off their cocks and shove them up their asses. Make sure to remove the stick you apparently have lodged up there, though.
Quote by CeDuff
Yeah a cover would be cool to start off with,something like ATR?

I'm fine with pretty much anything. I consider myself to be a really good guitar player, and I haven't found any metalcore songs or anything like that that I can't play .

I'd like to do a cover of 11th Hour by Lamb of God, or maybe one of their new tracks. But anything works for me.

I P R O G

BTW, if anyone can play drums, post here.

here are a couple of songs i would like for us to cover first
-------------------------------------------------------------------
killswitch engage - my last serenade

metallica - sad but true

ill nino - what comes around
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/i/ill_nino/wha t_comes_around_ver2_tab.htm

mudvayne - world so cold
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/mudvayne/wor ld_so_cold_ver4_tab.htm

in flames - sleepless again
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/i/in_flames/sl eepless_again_tab.htm

if some songs are too hard for you just tell me
I don't play drums but I can program them as long as I have an accurate tab.
Quote by NorseGodofRock
Just so you know I only have a 4 string bass so I'm not sure if I could do that mudvayne tune.
It's also much faster if it's a Guitar Pro or PowerTab. I'll upload drum+bass for sad but true tomorrow morning/afternoon,I;m going to sleep now.
Quote by NorseGodofRock
So it's decided that we are doing the Mudvayne song? If so, I'll start working on learning it.

If not, I throw my vote in for either the Metallica or Killswitch song, out of your list.

I P R O G

Last edited by MetalGS3SE at Jul 5, 2009,
I'll try learning that mudvayne song,I wouldn't mind doing the LoG or Metallica song after.

EDIT: The tab you posted doesn't have all the instruments so I'm using this.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/mudvayne/a_world_so_cold_guitar_pro.htm
Quote by NorseGodofRock
Last edited by CeDuff at Jul 6, 2009,
thats fine with me

after the mudvayne and the metallica songs, we can do a killswitch or lamb of god song (11th hour, because MetalGS3SE wanted to do it). then we can write new material. when we write new material, we will have to have a drummer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qw7-NCFbog

here is the link to the mudvayne song if u wanna hear it first
Last edited by RK OWnZz at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by RK OWnZz
thats fine with me

after the mudvayne and the metallica songs, we can do a killswitch or lamb of god song (11th hour, because MetalGS3SE wanted to do it). then we can write new material. when we write new material, we will have to have a drummer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qw7-NCFbog

here is the link to the mudvayne song if u wanna hear it first

i could program your drums if you want.
well, ceDuff is working on that, but if you can provide samples then that would be great.

Melodic Death Metal
Quote by RK OWnZz
well, ceDuff is working on that, but if you can provide samples then that would be great.

As soon as you guys get the drums and/or bass done, send me the tracks and I'll get the guitars done .

I P R O G

did u learn it? and do you have a good quality recorder?

Melodic Death Metal
Quote by RK OWnZz
did u learn it? and do you have a good quality recorder?

Yeah I played through it today and it was pretty easy. And yes, I use a Line 6 Pod Studio UX2 with Pod Farm and/or Guitar Rig 3 and I record into Reaper or Cubase.

I P R O G

Drums http://hotfile.com/dl/8132301/132223f/WSC_DRUMS.zip.html

I don't know how long it will take for me to learn the bass.
Quote by NorseGodofRock
i dont know why, but my computer is not able to get to that website so when you finish the guitars, send the finished instrumental track to me through yahoo and i will get the vocals done.

Melodic Death Metal
Last edited by RK OWnZz at Jul 7, 2009,
Quote by RK OWnZz
i dont know why, but my computer is not able to get to that website so when you finish the guitars, send the finished instrumental track to me through yahoo and i will get the vocals done.

Will do. I will be recording soon. Do you want me to wait to send it until I get the bass track, or send it as soon as I finish?

I P R O G

send me the one without the bass track so i can hear it, but i will not record vocals until all instruments are recorded. once i am done with that, i will give the vocal track to you to edit and mix into the instrumental track

Melodic Death Metal
I am almost finished with the recording. I just recorded up to the bridge area and I'm recording that now. Should be done soon.

I P R O G

Sorry guys I tried learning it but around the middle theres loads of parts that I can't do on a 4 string bass,if another bassist could stand in for this song that would be great. At least I was able to participate by doing the drum track.
Quote by NorseGodofRock
Quote by CeDuff
Sorry guys I tried learning it but around the middle theres loads of parts that I can't do on a 4 string bass,if another bassist could stand in for this song that would be great. At least I was able to participate by doing the drum track.

You could always stick around to program drums.

I'll leave it up to RK to decide on what to do with the bass, muckpup.

I P R O G

Quote by MetalGS3SE
You could always stick around to program drums.

I'll leave it up to RK to decide on what to do with the bass, muckpup.

Oh I'll definitely stick around and do bass as long as I can physically play it
Quote by NorseGodofRock
Quote by CeDuff
Oh I'll definitely stick around and do bass as long as I can physically play it

That's good. I didn't want you to quit over one song .

I P R O G

Okay I've finished recording all of the guitar parts. There are a few rough patches that I need to fix, and I still have to mix and master everything, but it's done. RK, let me know when and how you'd like me to send the mp3 to you. You can go ahead and record the vocals, then I'll make it all sound good.

I P R O G

metalGS3SE, this is our band, so everything is not up to me. send me the tracks, now, metalgS3SE, through yahoo messenger

Melodic Death Metal
The track is currently being edited and mastered. I should have a rough draft finished in the next day or so.

I P R O G

Page 1 of 2