So these are the three amps in question:
Vox Valvetronix VT50
Vox Valvetronix VT100
Vox Valvetronix AD100VTXL

I was wondering if the VT50 would be able to keep up with a drummer and a guitarist playing obnoxiously loud through a 120 Watt Crate Amp.

If not, then I would consider the two 100 Watt models. Does the older AD100VTXL have the same tone as the newer VT100? I know the newer one has more effects and modelings, but I'm more concerned about the tone. The price difference is quite large, so if the AD100VTXL sounds just as good as the newer model, then it is my definite choice, I just don't want to be paying for more modeling and effects that I probably would play with for a little then stop using.

Another suggestion I got was the Blackheart Handsome Devil. Would that be able to keep up with the aforementioned people? I like its sound as well (sound clips), but am not too educated in the land of tube amps...

I have only been able to try out the VT50 and VT100 so all help is appreciated.
the 50 watt should be able to if it's only for band practice but if you are gigging i would get the 100 watt just to be safe.
the ad and the vt are effectivly the same the vt has 5 storage channels whilst the ad only has 2 as far as i know there is no difference ins the sound or effects.
Get the VT100, twice as much versatility as the other 2, the VT has 22 amp models instead of 11 on the other 2, and it has 11 artist tones so it makes up to about 33 amp models/tones. And the VT is about as loud as the Xl so you can't go wrong. And it's got a bunch of channels etc.
Quote by britishsligean
the ad and the vt are effectivly the same the vt has 5 storage channels whilst the ad only has 2 as far as i know there is no difference ins the sound or effects.

Actually, there are some different effects, independent reverb, and another 11 amp models.
what you really want to get is a slightly older vox valvetronics ad120vt. i have one paid $400 with thefloor controller pedal. this amp is fully programable16 amp models including ac3021 effects32 programable channels high and low inputsexternal effects loop mono or stereo outputs built in tuner. this amp really cranks. it will blow your windows out your house .

unfortunately vox doesnt make these any more. you have to get one used. i see them on ebay and sometimes at guitar stores. great amp though. this amp models quite a few other amps. or you can get an older tone lab table top model to hook up to your current amp. i have one for when i go to my friends to jam i hook it up to the pa and have everythig that is in the 120 accept for the power but his pa has that. so i can cary that in a small briefcase . ive had many a vox amp but this one tops them all including the newer ones.
Last edited by amx05462 at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by britishsligean

I also read that they fixed a bunch of reliability issues that the older ADVT series had.