I was looking at the ipod touch on amazon today, and I noticed the iphone was only $99 dollars. So im asking: what is the difference between the iphone and the ipod touch, besides memory and the phone thing
My Gear:

Peavey T-15

Peavey Vypyr 15w

Unamed "Prarie" Acoustic

GAS List
Agile AL-2000

New England Patriots for 2009 super bowl!
Last edited by Hahame95 at Jul 4, 2009,
iPod touch isn't a phone?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
iPod touch isn't a phone?

Nope. I think it CAN be a phone if you jailbreak it and then use the phone calling app when you are in a wi-fi spot though...

TS, I'm not so sure but I think the $99 iphones may be the older generation ones now, which is why they decreased in price. You also have to pay $30 a month extra with any iphones for the data plan, so take that into consideration.

I'm personally getting an ipod touch soon.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Last edited by ilikeguitar90 at Jul 4, 2009,
what is the data plan for, like email. If so is email free on the touch
My Gear:

Peavey T-15

Peavey Vypyr 15w

Unamed "Prarie" Acoustic

GAS List
Agile AL-2000

New England Patriots for 2009 super bowl!
Quote by Hahame95
what is the data plan for, like email. If so is email free on the touch

All of the applications that are on the iphone such as email are also on the ipod touch. However you need a wifi connection to actually use any internet related features with the ipod. With the iphone, you pay for the data service plan that includes internet.
The data plan is for email, texting, picture and file messages, ect. The $99 iphones are the old generation 3Gs, while the more expensive version is the 3GS
Isn't there a iphone/ipod question thread already?

You could ask there or search through it
RIP CHUCK 13/12
RIP DIME 08/12
RIP ALEXI 12/12/08

FEAR OF THE MARK, I love you!!

This isn't a war on drugs, its a war on personal freedom, never forget that - Bill Hicks
Quote by Shpongled
All of the applications that are on the iphone such as email are also on the ipod touch. However you need a wifi connection to actually use any internet related features with the ipod. With the iphone, you pay for the data service plan that includes internet.

OR, you could unlock and jailbreak and not pay the monthly fee.
Just get one on ebay or something for 3-400$ and if your not using AT&T you can just unlock it!