i have recently restrung my Schecter Blackjack ATX which has an original floyd rose. I've restrung it once before without problems. But this time the low e-string wont stop popping out of the saddle. I have tightened it and its held in there but it always pops out help please.
Quote by Dog--
Holy **** that is the single funniest thing I've ever heard, thanks grimguitarist91, hats off to you good sir.

it might be that the string is too short? or that you didnt tighten it enough?
i dunno the only floyd rose I had were the lo pro edge and the ZR
i have tightened it enough for sure.
Quote by Dog--
Holy **** that is the single funniest thing I've ever heard, thanks grimguitarist91, hats off to you good sir.

swap the little block thingy in the hole with the one on your high e and try that
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Last edited by Harvesterofsrrw at Jul 4, 2009,
that sounds complicated.
Quote by Dog--

yeah, but sure enough string is going through, and you are tightening it enough.

Maybe replace the little block?
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by grimguitarist91
that sounds complicated.

No. Just loosen the hex screw on the back and pull the block out. It's not held in by anything.
Try pushing the string in more, it may just work.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Quote by IbanezRGS
Try pushing the string in more, it may just work.

+1

Try pushing the string into deeper into the guitar body. Check to make sure the end of the string isn't bent either, make sure its straight, it will make it easier. Is it the same string gauge that you used before?
no i changed the string gauge. i've tried to push the string as deep into the body as i can get it. this is the most bizarre and frustrating thing i've ever seen on a guitar
Quote by Dog--

also, if i do tighten it and it stays then the string will all of a sudden stretch at the bridge and any further will make it break. for strings i am using elixirs semi-coated strings .10-.42 gauge, before i was using dunlop .10-.52 hybrid strings.
Quote by Dog--

are you tuning the guitar with no other strings on? i did this a few times until i realized that 1 string couldn't hold the pressure - you wanna get a few on there then tighten it up, or have a block under the tremolo so its not putting as much pressure on the strings if this is the case.
yes all the other strings are on and have stayed in tune until the other string pops out.
Quote by Dog--

it's just the one damn low e-string that i'm having problems with.
Quote by Dog--