ok, I set up a photobucket account, so the pics should be there, if not, I'm sorry. This is the first guitar I've built, so give me some feedback, I did the cigarette burns with firework punks (I'm only 14, can't buy cigs). I had to re-drill the neck holes and do a little bit of soldering, but as of thus far it's gone pretty good. All I need to do is get some screws for the bridge and pickguard (some of them were stripped). I had to use the neck off of a strat copy because it had a nut, the neck I was going to use didn't. Take a look and tell me what you think.

Images
there's only one shot... this is why i hate photobucket

try copying the image address (right click, and copy) and then post (Invalid img) without the spaces before and after the pictures. if that doesn't work...
Last edited by LifeIsABullet16 at Jul 4, 2009,
no need for two topics
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Hey, I think it's got potential.

You should have seen the first rifle I put together. *That* was a learning experience, just like *this* is. I definitely sympathize with you regarding the nut. If you've got access to wood files, glue, and patience to spare - I'd suggest you try your hand at fitting a new one to the neck you were going to use. A pre-slotted nut costs... less than $2 when I tackled the project. Any music store that services guitars should be able to provide you with one. The smallest one I found was way over-sized, but I got it to fit using only the tools I mentioned. That is, a couple of different sized wood files... and lots of patience. It looks daunting at first, but you can do it. There are plenty of sets of instructions out there on the net.

Regarding the body: Are you planning on refinishing it? Even if you're just going to distress the new finish for a vintage look, it's still better than only half of it being finished. Stay away from the power-sander unless you're trying to reshape it. There's a lot of hand-work involved, but the results are worth it. Being bad at wood-work actually pays off if you're going for a distressed look.

Do tell: what kind of bridge are you going to use?
Quote by T!AN
Did you actually build anything, or just butcher a random guitar body and screw a neck on to it?

the second thing.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
the second thing.

You've ruined my attempt to subtlely be a complete jerk by answering my rhetorical question and not being the OP.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It looks like a little bit like an old Gibson Marauder.

There was a time when I wanted that guitar so bad, until the guy from Sum41 started using it. Then my interest in it waned big time.
you should really post some pictures in this thread, instead of a link. my guess is the only picture i can see is the project BEFORE you started... but i'm not sure. just post pictures here
Is that spunk all over the left side of the guitar?... Oh dear.
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something