I just recently played a JCM800 for the first time over the weekend and i was actually surprised to find out that the lo-gain input is clean and the hi-gain channel is overdriven, i just thought they changed the tone or something

i was pleasantly surprised with how well the jcm800 sounded on both clean and OD with the same amp settings for both, so i came to wonder, Is it possible to use an A/B switch and switch between the two inputs of the amp for clean and OD?

is that possible? or would having both inputs used at the same time affect the amp?
MUST....BUY.....MORE.......PEDALS.....!
Well, if you're A/Bing it, you wont actually be using both inputs, you'll have a cable in each, but only one would be being used.
Quote by The_Bosstone
I vaguely remember hearing something about having two inputs in will effect the gain signal.

Yeah, it could too, because you can cascade the gain stages by running one into the other.
Maybe the A/B wont work then.
I'll wait for someone who knows to answer the question properly.
Last edited by littlephil at Jul 4, 2009,
When you plug into one input of a JCM 800, it deactivates the other one. I had a similar idea when I bought my 800 and found out it wouldn't work.

Quote by The_Bosstone
I vaguely remember hearing something about having two inputs in will effect the gain signal.

I believe you are referring to jumpering channels, which only works on 4 input amps.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Last edited by RizzoWashburn at Jul 4, 2009,