I know ibanez usually puts ****ty stuff on their guitars, i just want to know if an OFR can fit in where the zr trem would be.

edit: okay for all you ibanez lovers.
i dont mean to say the products on their guitars are ****ty, just some are very cheaply made, like their pickups and trems like the edge etc.
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
Last edited by nivlarama at Jul 4, 2009,
since when has zr been ****ty?
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
The ZR trem is fine, I've used an S470 as my backup guitar for a few years now and never had any issues with tuning stability (and my main guitar has an OFR on it). But to answer your question, I doubt it because the cavity for the ZR is sunk into the already thin, S-series body and has the zero-point system going straight through to the back.

I'm no expert, but I don't think it would fit, just from looking at it compared to my LAG.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
nope, the spacing between the studs is much wider on the ZR.

you probably just suck at setups, which is about 90% of the reason people hate floyds.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by nivlarama
I know ibanez usually puts ****ty stuff on their guitars, i just want to know if an OFR can fit in where the zr trem would be.

You obviously don't know **** about ibanez trems if you are implying that the ZR is ****ty

Quote by conor1148
nope, the spacing between the studs is much wider on the ZR.

you probably just suck at setups, which is about 90% of the reason people hate floyds.

This too.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by SomebodySomeone
You obviously don't know **** about ibanez trems if you are implying that the ZR is ****ty

This too.

no the concept of the trem is actually quite nice, but i guess i mean to say their items have very cheap metals, which the zr has. if i can't fit an ofr in it then is there a way i can at least get a zr that doesn't have very cheap metals used in it?
Quote by nivlarama
no the concept of the trem is actually quite nice, but i guess i mean to say their items have very cheap metals, which the zr has. if i can't fit an ofr in it then is there a way i can at least get a zr that doesn't have very cheap metals used in it?

well i don't think their is ZR with high quality metals. unless you try a ZR-2. but those only come in Prestige S series. i'm not really sure if the ZR2 has higher quality metals or not since no store around my area carries S Prestige guitars.

what you could do is replace the screws and other components that are easily found in a hardware store. as far as i know that's all you can really do.

on the other hand, if you got money to blow or don't mind doing some surgery on your guitar you can take the trem completely out, refill the holes, and redrill them to the correct spacing for a normal knife edge trem.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Personally, i'd take a ZR over the OFR any day. I have both. You'll love the ZR after awhile for messing with it. It's not very hard to set up and i can change tunings easily and efficently.

/two-cents

~John
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
i love how you probably dont even own the guitar, you've probably never played it, and you're already trying to upgrade it.

lawl

edit- not to mention, ibanez DOES put good stuff in their high end models, you've obviously never played a lo-pro or a edge pro
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by conor1148
i love how you probably dont even own the guitar, you've probably never played it, and you're already trying to upgrade it.

lawl

edit- not to mention, ibanez DOES put good stuff in their high end models, you've obviously never played a lo-pro or a edge pro

theres no problem with listening to reviews, you say it as if i'm some uneducated brat. i have played a few ibanez's and yeah, they have some good quality guitars and owning an ofr guitar myself i can say that i can trust it after owning it and playing with it very heavily.

edit: besides, ibanez seems to be the only brand that carrys mahogany body strat like guitars for such a low price anything else seems to be basswood or is too expensive when its a mahogony body, i prefer mahogany over anything.
Last edited by nivlarama at Jul 4, 2009,
Quote by nivlarama
theres no problem with listening to reviews, you say it as if i'm some uneducated brat. i have played a few ibanez's and yeah, they have some good quality guitars and owning an ofr guitar myself i can say that i can trust it after owning it and playing with it very heavily.

edit: besides, ibanez seems to be the only brand that carrys mahogany body strat like guitars for such a low price anything else seems to be basswood or is too expensive when its a mahogony body, i prefer mahogany over anything.

well yeah, because jumping a band wagon and automatically coming to conclusions before trying something is so mature

Reviews are never even that good, im sure if you looked hard enough, you could probably find reveiws saying a line 6 spider is the best amp available.

but if you're looking for a mahogany body strat style shape, thats probably you're only option before going custom or doing something like warmoth. Just go try the trem like it is, go at it with an unbiased opinion, if you dont like it and have the money to shell out to have the studs redrilled, be my guest. Just give it a try first before you blow tons of money that you could be using to take your girl out to dinner or something, cause everyone knows getting some sheet time is a win-win situation.

just out of curiousity, if you do shell out the bucks to have it rerouted, are you going to keep the zero point system? im kinda curious to how that would turn out, it seems very convenient to ZR owners.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

You're going to blow tons of money on removing something as equally as good as the OFR. Might even ruin the guitar body in the process as well. I could understand if your S470 had the LO-TRS, those sucked. I replaced my S370's LO-TRS with an original Edge.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby