http://www.guitar-village.co.uk/product-detail_huge.asp?id=7925&catid=4&quantity=1&manid=13&product=Cort+Luce+Acoustic+L450+C+%2C+Natural%2C+New

http://www.cort.co.kr/english/products/acoustics/view.asp?product_id=218

This is what the Cort Luce L450C looks like, just wondering. Has anyone played this guitar before or have any extra information about it? It looks like a solid mahogany guitar. Is it just a solid top mahogany? Or is it a fully solid guitar?

It's going for around $333 New Zealand Dollars, not sure what the exchange rate is like but it seems like a steal. Need Confirmation.

Can you give me any advice or opinion on this model? I'm considering the purchase of a second hand one.

Thanks so much! I'm new to the forums too, nice to meet you all!
i like the way it looks ! never played one before though..
Quote by Franzypants
Gorgeous. She was it.

Got a fairly good review in guitarist magazine...they said (ish), in consideration of the price it was well designed, built and finished guitar and it had a great blues tone. Punching well above its weight it has a powerful full blooded tone with character. Top and back are solid mahogany while the sides are laminate. So all in all a good review for the price but they did say that ists tone was more suited to blues
Last edited by g1jammer at Jul 5, 2009,
Thanks guys

Would like to also mention this one that I'm eyeing on is around the 300 dollar range because it's second hand. I should think that these Corts are now made in China?

Corts used to be manufactured in Korea I believe. But anyhow this guitar is a great looking one no doubt about that, I find it very rare to see a full mahogany guitar these days haha...

The Cort website says that it has a "Concert" body style, what is the sound characteristic of that? I cannot go down to the seller to view it or play it because it's an online site. So I'm purely basing my impressions on the reviews and opinions of people who have familiarity with this model.

Well besides the Cort, I'm looking also at a second hand Ibanez AW28, it's an acoustic guitar from the Artwood series. Again it looks like it's full mahogany.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/ag_page.php?area_id=3&data_id=113&color=CL01&year=2008&cat_id=3&series_id=3

Unlike the Cort, the back of this particular model is not solid I believe.

How was this compare to the Cort then? I'm torn in between the two. The Ibanez model here seems cheaper. It is going for around $220 second hand.
neither this guitar nor the cort are solid wood - only solid tops.

Quote by ellojello
Thanks guys

Would like to also mention this one that I'm eyeing on is around the 300 dollar range because it's second hand. I should think that these Corts are now made in China?

Corts used to be manufactured in Korea I believe. But anyhow this guitar is a great looking one no doubt about that, I find it very rare to see a full mahogany guitar these days haha...

The Cort website says that it has a "Concert" body style, what is the sound characteristic of that? I cannot go down to the seller to view it or play it because it's an online site. So I'm purely basing my impressions on the reviews and opinions of people who have familiarity with this model.

Well besides the Cort, I'm looking also at a second hand Ibanez AW28, it's an acoustic guitar from the Artwood series. Again it looks like it's full mahogany.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/ag_page.php?area_id=3&data_id=113&color=CL01&year=2008&cat_id=3&series_id=3

Unlike the Cort, the back of this particular model is not solid I believe.

How was this compare to the Cort then? I'm torn in between the two. The Ibanez model here seems cheaper. It is going for around $220 second hand.
Keep away from ibanez. i have no opinion on the cort because i've never played one before either, but i just want to keep you from making a mistake.

if you've got an assload of money, one of the 1000 dollar martin's has an all mahogany guitar. it's got an interesting tone. kind of dark and smooth.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Quote by patticake
neither this guitar nor the cort are solid wood - only solid tops.

According to Guitarist (August 2009 page 99) the Cort is solid top and back (laminate sides)
Quote by about
Keep away from ibanez. i have no opinion on the cort because i've never played one before either, but i just want to keep you from making a mistake.

if you've got an assload of money, one of the 1000 dollar martin's has an all mahogany guitar. it's got an interesting tone. kind of dark and smooth.

Hmmmm why keep away from Ibanez, reasoning?

Anyway, all mahogany guitars are quite rare but they are starting to pick up again I believe.

"When used as a top, mahogany has a relatively low velocity of sound (compared to other top woods), considerable density and a low overtone content producing a solid tone, and responds best at the upper end of the dynamic range. Mahogany-topped guitars have a strong "punchy" tone that is well suited to country blues playing.

When considered for back and sides, mahogany has relatively high velocity of sound, which contributes much overtone coloration. While rosewood guitars may be thought of has having a metallic sound, mahogany guitars sound more wood-like. The harder, denser examples of these woods can take also on the characteristics of the rosewoods. Mahogany back and sides tends to emphasize the bass and the treble.

Mahogany necks help to create a warmer, more "woody" tonal range. The same holds true when mahogany is used as bridge material."
generally poor construction. most ibanez guitar's are built to attract people to the looks, with little regard to tone and quality.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
that's mostly been my experience, also. on the other hand, not thrilled with cort, either.

i see a fair amount of all mahogany guitars, although admittedly most are more expensive than $300.

Quote by about
generally poor construction. most ibanez guitar's are built to attract people to the looks, with little regard to tone and quality.
Quote by about

Hmmm alright so with that in mind what are some models that you would personally recommend?