Song is in my Profile

Recorded this tune in a one or two takes recently with my friend patrick i jam with. i play both guitar parts, he set up the recording and drums.

its a heavy fast sort of song, played mostly in the E spanish Gypsy scale (A harmonic minor) with an exotic feel too it. layed down a bunch of riffs i had been playing around with and then improvised an exotic shred style solo over top.
kinda rough and the drums need some variation.

got a kind of nile ish feel to it hopefully
anyways tell me what you think!
C4C as always!

have another more fleshed out classic metal song in the works, with more extensive editing and variation. will be posting probably this weekend.
No need for C4C, but this popped up in new threads in the main page of the site and the word "Nile" interested me.

I like the riffs and the drum beat is really cool. I'm not a huge fan of the tone but you're not a pro so it's perfectly fine. I would definitely listen to this if it had some Nile Karl Sanders-like vocal work and the drum beat changed up. You definitely could've thrown some blast beats in there, and it wouldn't have hurt. Good job man.

Edit: taking another listen and looking at some of your vids, you should work out letting your soloing "breathe" more. A note can be held out instead of continually adding on another little run. It'll sound more brutal anyway.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
Last edited by Brian 1.0 at Jul 4, 2009,
thanks for the feedback man! yeah i should come up with some slower sections pause and all that. its a pretty chaotic rhythm track, but i should be able to figure something out. first time having a good fast place to mess with the harmonic scale though, pretty fun.
if anyone else wants to try their hand at it i could maybe PM them the track without my solo in it.
Quote by diablo_man
thanks for the feedback man! yeah i should come up with some slower sections pause and all that. its a pretty chaotic rhythm track, but i should be able to figure something out. first time having a good fast place to mess with the harmonic scale though, pretty fun.
if anyone else wants to try their hand at it i could maybe PM them the track without my solo in it.

If I had a microphone I'd record a solo over it, because I know and love the exact scale you're using too, haha.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
I like this a lot. I believe the scale is more commonly referred to as Phrygian Major, but regardless I love the scale. Great soloing and leads and riffs throughout the song. There were a few choppy bits in the solo, but that's ok. Everything sounds good, the drums and guitars and all. Cool song, man.
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!