Dudes,

While I was in another room....

My friend didn't know how the edge 3 free floating bridge system (and it's locking mechanism) worked when he was trying to tune my high e and he broke it using the regular tuning pegs. The thing is when he broke it he tried to replace all the old strings with new ones ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Of course he soon ran into problems and found out it was impossible to get the strings in tune with each other without getting ridiculously high action.

I spent most of last night getting close but always going over the bridge angle limit while tuning and im just too frustrated to care about whammying. Is there a way I can lock the bridge system so I can just get back to playing?
Put an eraser or block inside to guitar to keep the Trem from moving. That simple :P
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
You don't want to whammy you say?

Do this..

1) Open up the back cavity
2) Measure the distance between the block (that the springs go into) and the guitar walls.
3) Cut wood (or use metal, metal offers better sustain) to fit into those cavities snugly.
4) Re-attach at least one spring (you need to keep one as a ground)
5) Replace strings
6) Play

there you go
dont waste money on the tremol-no, ive had it for a few months, i want my $60 back.

if you want me to explain, tell me.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
dont waste money on the tremol-no, ive had it for a few months, i want my $60 back.

if you want me to explain, tell me.

Please explain. I was just at their website lol and it looked ok (IT CAN OPEN BEER!)

Thanks guys Ill try an eraser, then wood, then metal if each subsequent one doesn't work. Is there a way I can fix the system without going through hours of stupid fine tuning? Do I have to turn it in to a shop to do the tuning? I followed the ibanezrules.com guidelines for doing it and I always get Sooooo cloooooooose its just frustrating.
Quote by soulkindler
Please explain. I was just at their website lol and it looked ok (IT CAN OPEN BEER!)

Thanks guys Ill try an eraser, then wood, then metal if each subsequent one doesn't work. Is there a way I can fix the system without going through hours of stupid fine tuning? Do I have to turn it in to a shop to do the tuning? I followed the ibanezrules.com guidelines for doing it and I always get Sooooo cloooooooose its just frustrating.

Tremol-no is so-so, but honestly, don't you have any wood lying around? I would suggest going for the wood method first, I honestly wish I did once I bought my guitar, it made the tuning so much more stable, and drop tunings were easy to pull off.

What guitar do you have with the edge III though?
I have a Ibanez Rg 350MDX and for my first electric it sounds pretty nice even connected to my poopy amp. I fell in love with it when I saw someone else shredding on it lol and I wished to my self I could do that.

I got some wood lying around somewhere.

BTW this is my second post on here and my first time on this website it's pretty awesome sooo much cool stuff I can believe I didn't find it earlier!
Quote by soulkindler

the actual tremel-no itself is fairly sturdy, the hardware and mounting pieces (to the block) are very poor.

if you put it into complete locking mode with it's cheap, plastic, easy to lose screws, it can still go out of tune. or worse, if its hit hard enough can be pushed out of tune and then locked that way.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Last edited by conor1148 at Jul 4, 2009,
I had a similar problem when i restrung my guitar. the blocking sliped when i was restringing it and everything was out of wack. Didnt help that i had went up a string size. I ended up loosening everything off and let teh trem relax. Started slowely bringing all the strings back up to tune i would go through all the strings at the same time trying to keep the tension close. Once i got it to tune the first time. The trem was still a little below level. I let it sit over night and retuend again. letit sit a few more hours and retuned again. When i was done it was perfect. It actually was better than when i bought it. it was just time consuming