i've seemed to notice that a lot of indie listeners like to bash the hell out of CR like led zeppelin for example, but really, 100 years from now which indie rock groups will be remembered as truly great?

CR has so many it's ridiculous...the beatles, rolling stones, bob dylan, the beach boys, led zeppelin, elvis presley, buddy holly, bruce springsteen, chuck berry, jimi hendrix... i could go on and on.

indie has what? radiohead and nirvana (who aren't really indie). u2 probably. pavement maybe. that's really about it. i did these from a completely objective standpoint. a lot of CR i listed there i don't even listen too and i don't even really like nirvana or u2 that much (but i do acknowledge their influence and ability). i really don't know who could even be listed. no, i wouldn't put sonic youth, my bloody valentine, or the pixies in this group because while great, probably won't last 100 years from now.

so until you get more quality groups in your own genre of music, please be courteous and stop bashing the groups i find dear to my heart. if it's out of jealousy, be more mature.
u2 and nirvana indie? have you lost it man.

Oh wait, you're a retard and a troll, my mistake

*TROLLPORTED*
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Last edited by druz15_UG at Jul 4, 2009,
Quote by LedZep4Evah
i've seemed to notice that a lot of indie listeners like to bash the hell out of CR like led zeppelin for example, but really, 100 years from now which indie rock groups will be remembered as truly great?

CR has so many it's ridiculous...the beatles, rolling stones, bob dylan, the beach boys, led zeppelin, elvis presley, buddy holly, bruce springsteen, chuck berry, jimi hendrix... i could go on and on.

indie has what? radiohead and nirvana (who aren't really indie). u2 probably. pavement maybe. that's really about it. i did these from a completely objective standpoint. a lot of CR i listed there i don't even listen too and i don't even really like nirvana or u2 that much (but i do acknowledge their influence and ability). i really don't know who could even be listed. no, i wouldn't put sonic youth, my bloody valentine, or the pixies in this group because while great, probably won't last 100 years from now.

so until you get more quality groups in your own genre of music, please be courteous and stop bashing the groups i find dear to my heart. if it's out of jealousy, be more mature.

uhm, your classic rock bands like zeppelin or bob dylan haven't been remembered for 100 years. make this thread when they have.
Sent from my iPad.