i've heard good and bad things about the B-52. it looks like a solid amp, but some reviews i've read say that it has had technical difficulties.

if your worried about noise, look into an ISP Decimator to go with the amp.

the only other thing i could recommend is a Peavey ValveKing, but idk how cleans are on it.

are you going to be gigging, or is this for practice?? if for practice, then try a Randall RM20 combo with a Blackface module. you might have to look used to get it within your budget, but its worth it.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
i like my b-52 its only noisy wen played real loud and gain maxed the clean isnt bad its a bit bassy but it has a bright switch that fixes it
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
RM20: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RM20B-15Watt-1x12-Modular-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481260#new

Blackface: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-Blackface-Module?sku=180286#new

as i said, used will be your best option. but you may have to up your budget a little bit to like $500 or $600. but the versatility of this amp makes it worth it.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
For atmospheric stuff I'd personally go with a Fender Bandmaster or used Fender Bassman + pedals. I'm not sure the amps in that price range have good enough cleans for it (aside from the Peavey Classic 30 or a modded Valveking or Crate Vintage Club series).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??