Page 1 of 2
I looked for it, didnt find one.

So, this is where we talk about anything and everything of one of the greatest cartoon series of all time. I'll start the discussions:

What your favorite Simpson's scene?
The one where Bart tells Lisa to use the searchbar

EDIT I searched to and all I could find were quotes threads... I haven't watched the simpsons in forever it went downhill after the movie though, I wish I remembered it better it used to be my favorite shw and I could quote it for just about anything
Last edited by jeremessmore at Jul 4, 2009,
This has been done before, but I'll humor you.

Anything that Conan 'O Brian wrote. Marge Vs. The Monorail, the dental plan one, all brilliant. The show still has some potential left in it, it just lost a lot of its fan base when it tried to be "random" like Family Guy.
April Fools day. Bart basically blows down the house, by putting a beer in a paint shaker.
Quote by AlecMag
You have made a potentially boring thread epic. Be proud.

Quote by rabidguitarist
deanwad could be right, actually.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
I can only watch the older episodes, they've royally ****ed the show over now. It seemed that as soon as their animation got better, their storylines and writing got worse, and it really shows. It's too random now, it's all over the place, and they rarely stick to one storyline, it just changes too often in the space of one episode.

So, Old Simpsons>New Simpsons.
"I called the big one Bitey".

Greatest line in cartoon history.
Si lo ven que viene palo al tiburon
Vamos a darle duro sin vacilacion
Si lo ven que viene palo al Tiburon
En la union esta la fuerza y nuestra salvacion

Favorite show.

I love the one where they go in and get therapy. And Marvin Monroe gives them the foam things, and Bart takes the foam off.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by genghisgandhi
is that the same one when they are shocking eachother?

Indeed.
The new episodes SUCK man! Anyway, my favorite episodew ould be HOMR with the crayon. Scene? When Ned and Homer go to Las Vegas in Viva Ned Flanders and get a huge hangover, and then there's a cool Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas reference with Duke and Gonzo. Anyone got a pic of that, I can't find it!
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
how 'bout when they're in Hollywood and taking a tour of all the movie studios and marge goes, "Hey, there's Robert Downey Jr doing a scene with a shootout with the cops!" Then Bart goes, "I dont see any cameras"
Quote by 'Leviathan'
I can only watch the older episodes, they've royally ****ed the show over now. It seemed that as soon as their animation got better, their storylines and writing got worse, and it really shows. It's too random now, it's all over the place, and they rarely stick to one storyline, it just changes too often in the space of one episode.

I don't know about everyone else but I ignore everything you write because of your text being unbearably painful to read.

Simpsons is awesome, always has been always will be
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
It was good for about 10 series or something but they should have ended it with the movie because they mostly suck now.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I'm not sure how to take the stonecutters episode, as them having a go at secret societies that basically make up **** or them making a point about them.

I've never been confused about a simpsons episode ever.
The thing is with the new episodes is that they have been written by all kinds of writers not just 1 writer they are trying to find a good writer I'm guessing.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by Venice King
I don't know about everyone else but I ignore everything you write because of your text being unbearably painful to read.

Err... thank you for sharing?
Quote by MH400
Do we really need a Simpsons thread?

:|

Yes, so we can discuss The Simpsons.

Anyway:

*holds up flameshield*

I love the new episodes of The Simpsons and I think a lot of the old episodes are painfully unfunny.
I'm talking old as in first 4 seasons

I mean; their voices, the drawings, the jokes, the VERY over-exaggerated stupid Homer etc. etc.
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
could anyone tell me the episode when otto is listening to some music and says "all these bands are just ripping off judas priest" and then he walks away and he's listening to living after midnight on his headphones? i thought that was hilarious.

I also liked the epsiode when they split the school up and he lets the girls off the bus then turns the radio on and breaking the law is playing, lol
Quote by KISSguitarist
The thing is with the new episodes is that they have been written by all kinds of writers not just 1 writer they are trying to find a good writer I'm guessing.

Personally I think it's just how many episodes they've done. There's only so many ideas their writers can come up with, and to get to 300 plus of episodes is a fricking good effort. But yeah I think it's had the best episodes already.
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Quote by 'Leviathan'

Agreed, I've been watching simpsons since I was three, my earliest memory of the show is me watching,with my cousins, the episode where they go to new york.

The old ones are so much better then the new ones, the new ones have lost the touch, maybe it's the new graphics used giving it that newer, somehow less appealing look, maybe they got new writers and the stories aren't as good as before,all I know's is I loved my old simpsons.
Quote by Diamond Dave
could anyone tell me the episode when otto is listening to some music and says "all these bands are just ripping off judas priest" and then he walks away and he's listening to living after midnight on his headphones? i thought that was hilarious.

I also liked the epsiode when they split the school up and he lets the girls off the bus then turns the radio on and breaking the law is playing, lol

Oh that reminds me of the episode where the bus broke down and otto saw metallica and was like "Hey guys remember me, Metallica RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULES!"
Lars: "Oh yeah springfield dome '83 that really saved us" and then bart does something to ruin and and metallica drives away saying don't listen to our music ever again! and plays master of puppets
Quote by LightYourFire
When Homer smokes pot and trips a lot, lmao!

"You know they call them fingers, but I never see them fing..... oh wait there they go"
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Quote by jeremessmore
Oh that reminds me of the episode where the bus broke down and otto saw metallica and was like "Hey guys remember me, Metallica RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULES!"
Lars: "Oh yeah springfield dome '83 that really saved us" and then bart does something to ruin and and metallica drives away saying don't listen to our music ever again! and plays master of puppets

aw man, I remember that episode!
Quote by LightYourFire
When Homer smokes pot and trips a lot, lmao!

This!! One of the best scenes ever
"homer no function beer well without!"
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
I think we can all agree that The Simpsons was at it's best back in the days when it was a funny social commentary rather than a cartoon with tons of pointless guest appearances and gags.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
We work hard, we play hard!

Mr No Belly! Mr hasn't got a belly!

Ah haha too many to choose from!

I love the new episodes, too, despite what people say about them. Homer Simpson is my hero
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
Last edited by homair at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by 'Leviathan'

That was what made The Simpsons so great in the 90s, the story would start one place and before you know it, they would be off in another direction. It would all mesh perfectly before they copied Family Guy.
Pfft.

Family Guy is just a show relying on flashbacks and gay/handicapped/black/jew jokes. It is lol-able at times though.
Quote by jeremessmore
The one where Bart tells Lisa to use the searchbar

EDIT I searched to and all I could find were quotes threads... I haven't watched the simpsons in forever it went downhill after the movie though, I wish I remembered it better it used to be my favorite shw and I could quote it for just about anything

After the Movie? It sucked since 2004. The Movie was one last twitch of funny (I admit I liked it) before it resumed being ****ty. I just watch Futurama or read "Life in Hell" if I want some Matt Groening lulz.

My top ten Simpsons episodes.

1. Homer eats really spicy peppers and has a vision quest with a coyote voiced by Johnny Cash.
2. Homer does pot.
3. HOMR (I love flowers for Algernon)
4. Homer Becomes morbidly obese
5. Marge vs. the Monorail
6. The Cape Feare parody
7. Bart works in a Burlesque house
8. Homer goes to space
9. Treehouse of Horror VI
10. Homer goes to rock and roll fantasy camp

My favorite character is Lionel Hutz, by the way.

To be honest, everything from 1993 to 2003 is great.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I feel like I should pay you in sexual favors for that truly fapic story.

Quote by esther_mouse
Aww thank you sweetie Made my day a little bit brighter.

^that post and others like it made mine a Lot brighter.
Last edited by FishCream at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by Primus2112
Pfft.

Family Guy is just a show relying on flashbacks and gay/handicapped/black/jew jokes. It is lol-able at times though.

Family Guy is /b/'s The Simpsons, duh.

Also: The funniest episode is IMHO on Season 20 when Bart falls in love with some girl and forgets to visit Millhouse every day like he promised. The funniest part in that episode is when Bart tells the girl he takes care of the mentally handicapped and says Homer is one of them and they both see Homer shouting at his reflection in the water.
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Last edited by billybusa at Jul 5, 2009,
I liked the one guest-starring The White Stripes.

Used to be a huge fan, but as the show got more and more random, I watched it less and less.

Still went to see the movie. It wasn't bad. I'm actually looking forward to the sequel that is said to be in the works.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by Venice King

Simpsons is awesome, always has been always will be

You use ug classic, don't you?
Some men hunt for sport,
Others hunt for food,
The only thing I'm hunting for,
Is an outfit that looks good...

See my vest, see my vest,
Made from real gorilla chest,
Feel this sweater, there's no better,
Than authentic Irish setter.

See this hat, 'twas my cat,
My evening wear - vampire bat,