well ive been wanting replace my bridge(a licensed floyd rose) with a tune o matic bridge like on most gibbys and epis i just wanted to see if this was possible.
i mainly want it because of different tune that you can tune to on a tune o matic bridge.
and the stringe changing ablity.
thanks for all input this well help SO much!!
no a lfo means ur body is routed out and has a nice sized hole in it it would be easire to just put a block or stop behind it so that it would not move and u could use it like a fixed bridge
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
You could, but it would require a large change. You would have to pull the Floyd, fill the cavity, recess the TOM, install studs for the tailpiece, ground it, and then intonate. You would also have to either remove the locking nut and install a normal nut, or buy one of the TOMs with fine-tuners. The fine-tuner ones are expensive as a mother****er, though.

This may be the only time, I'd recommend buying a new guitar over modding your current one.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Last edited by bv310 at Jul 4, 2009,
You're going to have to fill in the holes in the body, repaint the guitar, then install the new bridge. Unless you can't afford a new guitar, I wouldn't suggest you do it because it's a long, somewhat expensive process. Just get a new guitar.
keep it to one post please.

just block it, the tremol-no is a cheap piece of junk, stay away from it.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Who mentioned a Tremol-no? I agree with you, though.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
Who mentioned a Tremol-no? I agree with you, though.

someone ignorant always suggest the tremol-no, when they have no knowledge of it whatsoever.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson