any other manufacturers with very similar spec to these two guitars..thru neck or set neck, strat shape all mahogany and maple cap, duncans, coiltap, medium thin neck, 251/2 scale
Last edited by RichT. at Jul 4, 2009,
ESP MH1000

the guitar is darker than it looks, and the black chrome hardware is sexy as hell... im buying this once i sell my other 2 backup guitars.

I guarantee you, this guitar will be the only guitar you will ever want to play. i have a less expensive esp ltd and i love it to death
Last edited by SPBY at Jul 5, 2009,
yikes really expensive in the uk. i bought a ltd will adler and i really didnt like the build quality or the feel or tone of a maple neck. apart from that its perfect. i love earvana nuts.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
whats your budget for the guitar?

£700max but i would rather pay £400
...what about bc rich assassin? Its made of Nato mahogany...is this an inferior wood?
well i haven't had much play time with a guitar that uses nato but i've always associated it with low end acoustic guitars for some reason.

anyway there's michael kelly vex deluxe/NV (doesn't come with SD pups but it's not too difficult to swap)
Quote by azn_guitarist25
well i haven't had much play time with a guitar that uses nato but i've always associated it with low end acoustic guitars for some reason.

anyway there's michael kelly vex deluxe/NV (doesn't come with SD pups but it's not too difficult to swap)

Nnnnice. Never seen them before. It is pretty pricey here (nearly double the washburn) but i may be persuaded because its so pretty. Rockfield pups are great.
Just get the Washburn. It is one of the best guitars that you can get in the UK for under £700. That and the WI-66 Pro, which isn't Strat shaped.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
^ agreed, the washburn is probably the best value in the UK. Those michael kellies would be worth a look, though (but i haven't tried them), as would Lag and the ibanez SZ series. maybe cort too. And godin.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would recommend the ESP/LTD deluxe series over any other but they're expensive in UK as you said. With the limitation of your budget the Washburn would be my choice. Haggle little with the seller and you might get the price under 400 quids
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by hminh87
quids

I understand you're Swedish, but I still can't help laughing at this.

It's quid, no s. :P Don't worry about it.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
I understand you're Swedish, but I still can't help laughing at this.

It's quid, no s. :P Don't worry about it.

Agggr..nuts!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by Baby Joel
Just get the Washburn. It is one of the best guitars that you can get in the UK for under £700. That and the WI-66 Pro, which isn't Strat shaped.

+1

Honestly, you can grab the Washburn for about £400 and for a guitar of it's quality, that is a steal. The pickups are great, and from the few X50 pro's I have played the factory setup is fine. The coil-tap is also a nice little feature