COMPLETE EDIT

Ok screw it i'm looking for a amp that's no more than $1200 (not including tax) that'll make a good randy rhoads tone.
Last edited by maowcat at Jul 5, 2009,
If you're a tone freak then stay away from multi-fx processors, they do each amp good, but not great.
1. You're not going to be able to pull Randy Rhoads's tone for $800 CAD.

2. You're not going to be able to pull Kirk/James Hetfield's tone for $800 CAD (you'll be able to get close though).

3. An ME-70 will sound NOTHING like Randy Rhoads or Kirk Hammett or James Hetfield.

4. A tone freak would know all of the above to begin with.

5. Metallica did not use Dual Rectifier amps for the first couple albums, nor were they released at the time. They've used a wide variety of amps throughout their lifespan, although the most famous (Master of Puppets tone) comes from a Mesa/Boogie Mark IIC+.

I'd see if you could pull up a Mesa Mark III or a DC series for that much. Randy Rhoads's tones would come from a Marshall clone of some sort such as a Ceriatone or maybe a Traynor.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
1. You're not going to be able to pull Randy Rhoads's tone for $800 CAD.

2. You're not going to be able to pull Kirk/James Hetfield's tone for $800 CAD (you'll be able to get close though).

3. An ME-70 will sound NOTHING like Randy Rhoads or Kirk Hammett or James Hetfield.

4. A tone freak would know all of the above to begin with.

5. Metallica did not use Dual Rectifier amps for the first couple albums, nor were they released at the time. They've used a wide variety of amps throughout their lifespan, although the most famous (Master of Puppets tone) comes from a Mesa/Boogie Mark IIC+.

I'd see if you could pull up a Mesa Mark III or a DC series for that much. Randy Rhoads's tones would come from a Marshall clone of some sort such as a Ceriatone or maybe a Traynor.

I'm not trying to get an exact tone i just want it to sound mildly like them, i'm acctually good for metallica tones believe it or not and i think they sound pretty accurate and all i'm using is the equipment in my sig. It's the randy tone that i can't get, now remember i'm not trying to copy them exactly i just want it to sound mildly like randy. Maybe should i try out one of the MXR Distortion Pedals and see if that helps. And i wasn't sure if metallica used rectifiers but i knew they used Mesa.
Well, sounding mildly like someone and sounding precisely like someone are two completely different things, especially for a self-described tone freak.

A Mark III should get you in the ballpark for Metallica and Randy.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Well, sounding mildly like someone and sounding precisely like someone are two completely different things, especially for a self-described tone freak.

A Mark III should get you in the ballpark for Metallica and Randy.

OK when i say tonefreak i actually meant changing my amp settings to sound mildly like the artist, not just switching between distorted and clean and not changing the knobs.
...regardless of what you want to do..i dont think you understand what being a tonefreak means?
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Try a flextone.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
Try a Vetta.

fixed
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
fixed

For $500 to $800? Good luck.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Put a mxr M-104 in front of a YCV50Blue and dime it. Boom, RR on a budget. The amp should do the rest on it's own.

Oops, missed the Metallica and Pantera part. Sorry. But try a YCV50 blue for fun anyway, great amp.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by gregs1020
Put a mxr M-104 in front of a YCV50Blue and dime it. Boom, RR on a budget. The amp should do the rest on it's own.

Oops, missed the Metallica and Pantera part. Sorry. But try a YCV50 blue for fun anyway, great amp.

i'll check it out thanks.
Quote by scott58
For $500 to $800? Good luck.

Matrix claw and Disturbed-26 got theirs for 350
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me