Hey
Well, first off I'll apologize in advance for any stupidity I might show as I'm totally new to all this.

My guitar teacher is always going on about Digital Amp Simulation(Peavey Revalver, Guitar Rig, Waves GTR, etc), and has been pushing me to try these out. I have a Digitech RP250(It's really good, I don't want to get flamed about that) and it is ASIO-compatible, and I can use it with all this software. The latency is around 5.6ms, 24-bit, 44.1 Khz. Now I was planning to change pedals to a Vox Tonelab ST, which apparently has full ASIO-compatible recording capability, but it's also 24-bit 44.1KHz. Now after trying this software with a Tascam US-144 last night, I'm totally sold on it too, and I was wondering whether using my pedal(either the Digitech or the Vox) would get me a good sound, or whether it would be better to invest in a separate recording interface, like the Tascam., which has 24-bit 96KHz. If so, could any one please recommend something to me around a price range of up to $130 or something?

Thanks, sorry for the Wall of Text, but if you could help me out that would be awesome!
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

^Thanks, I've recorded before onto Mixcraft using my RP250 before too, but I wanted an opinion about how it would sound through Nuendo with VST plugins(Guitar Rig, Waves GTR, Revalver, etc) and whether the sampling frequency would make a big difference.

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Any one.....please?

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

You'll be fine. CD standard is 16-bit 44.1kHz, and for a reason. Sampling law says the highest frequency you can sample is half the sampling speed, so 44.1k/2 = 21 kHz. Human ears can only hear from 20Hz-20kHz, so 96kHz is a complete waste of money (purity freaks )
^Haha!

Ok thanks, I guess I'll just use either of the pedals for now!

Thanks!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist