Page 1 of 6
Alright, Pit, it's anime rating thread time. Simply just post a picture of an anime (might wanna name it if a bit obscure) while rating the above UGer's anime. I'm interested in The Pit's opinion of anime. And yes, very weaboo of me, I know.

Gurren Lagann.
Attachments:
TengenToppaGurrenLagann.jpg
Last edited by TACOROACH at Jul 5, 2009,
I thought this said "Anime Hating Thread"

I am disappointed
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Can't I just make a list of awesome animes? Please, TS!!!!

Sure, go right ahead.
I'm not big on the stuff. Though I swear I once read that "EVANGELION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" was made just to make cash off of toys in Japan. I belive that's what it was?
Quote by TACOROACH
Sure, go right ahead.

YES!:
Full Metal Alchemist (English Version)
Naruto (Japanese Version)
Bleach (Japanese Version)
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rave Master (Show had potential but they stopped making it )
G Gundam (Slightly racist but a great show none the less)
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star
Tenchi (Spent my childhood watching Tenchi so it holds a special place in my heart)
I'm sure there are some other awesome ones, but I think this might cover the best of the best
EDIT: Trigun, Rurouni Kenshin
Last edited by GuitarGod_92 at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by Wanted L.A.
I'm not big on the stuff. Though I swear I once read that "EVANGELION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" was made just to make cash off of toys in Japan. I belive that's what it was?

watch the show
even though gainax drains the show of any profit it can make from it(merchandising, etc),
it is one of the most controversial, masterful, brilliant, artful, and mind****ing animes ever
Last edited by TheReverend724 at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by Wanted L.A.

Cannibal Corpse will get 8 grammy nominations before that statement becomes true.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
YES!:
Full Metal Alchemist (English Version)
Yu Yu Hakusho
G Gundam (Slightly racist but a great show none the less)
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star
Tenchi (Spent my childhood watching Tenchi so it holds a special place in my heart)
I'm sure there are some other awesome ones, but I think this might cover the best of the best

Damn, you already named some of my favorites.

Well....There's still Ruruoni Kenshin, Fate/Stay Night (although visual novel is much better), Dominion Tank Police, Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, FLCL, ....and quite a bit more if I think a bit longer.
Last edited by TACOROACH at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by lespaulrocks39
Cannibal Corpse will get 8 grammy nominations before that statement becomes true.

even though there is a ****load of eva merch in japan
just go to evastore.jp and see what they have

^ how can you list FLCL and not eva?!
Personally, my favorites are:

Lucky Star [Cute girls doing cute things; a winning combination. Very Azumanga-esque, though.]
K-On! [Girls playing music. It rules, definitely give it a watch if you're into slice of life Anime.]
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya [Espers, Gods, battles, time travel, sexual molestation; this has it all, and I LOVED it.]
Strike Witches [Wasn't great, but the fanservice was awesome... even if it was every second frame... yeah, call me a perv.]
Air [Cute, sad, melancholy and cute. Air was an awesome series, and the opening theme was amazing.]
School Days [The most psychological and disturbingly brilliant show I've EVER seen. Seriously, watch it. NOW.] (Disclaimer: You WILL feel depressed for a week or so afterwards and you will most likely hate the Male race.)
Azumanga Diaoh [Amazing series... I actually felt genuinely sad when I finished watching it.]
Quote by TheReverend724

even though there is a ****load of eva merch in japan
just go to evastore.jp and see what they have

You should look up Eva cellphones on google. They're selling like hotcakes for quite a few hundred dollars apiece.
Quote by TACOROACH
Damn, you already named some of my favorites.

Well....There's still Ruruoni Kenshin, Fate/Stay Night (although visual novel is much better), Dominion Tank Police, Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, FLCL, ....and quite a bit more if I think a bit longer.

Well I lost all respect for you as soon as you said FLCL. It is not only the most horrible anime ever it is hands down the most highly overrated anime. That show sucked ballz.... with a "z".
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Personally, my favorites are:

Lucky Star [Cute girls doing cute things; a winning combination. Very Azumanga-esque, though.]
K-On! [Girls playing music. It rules, definitely give it a watch if you're into slice of life Anime.]
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya [Espers, Gods, battles, time travel, sexual molestation; this has it all, and I LOVED it.]
Strike Witches [Wasn't great, but the fanservice was awesome... even if it was every second frame... yeah, call me a perv.]
Air [Cute, sad, melancholy and cute. Air was an awesome series, and the opening theme was amazing.]
School Days [The most psychological and disturbingly brilliant show I've EVER seen. Seriously, watch it. NOW.] (Disclaimer: You WILL feel depressed for a week or so afterwards and you will most likely hate the Male race.)
Azumanga Diaoh [Amazing series... I actually felt genuinely sad when I finished watching it.]

Damn again, forgot to mention Azumanga Diaoh and Haruhi.
Hellsing - Vampires
Black Lagoon - Guns
Ergo Proxy - Dystopia
Elfen Lied - Dismemberment
Ghost in the Shell - Conspiracy
Berserk - the anime equivalent of power metal
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Last edited by lespaulrocks39 at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Well I lost all respect for you as soon as you said FLCL. It is not only the most horrible anime ever it is hands down the most highly overrated anime. That show sucked ballz.... with a "z".

Well, I could see why some people would hate it, for it doesn't make much sense. I like it for the weirdness and style it has.
Quote by TheReverend724
@ leviathan
Lucky Star For the Cutest Win!

Is it bad I want to see Konata and Kagami "doing stuff"?
People actually do like Azumanga? Really? I thought that show was pretty stupid.

There was this one anime that I can't remember it's name. It was like "Battle Butlers" or something like that. It had Santa making fun of a poor kid. It was hilarious.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
People actually do like Azumanga? Really? I thought that show was pretty stupid.

It depends on your taste. Personally, the reason I loved that Anime was because I have something in me that loves cute girls, but mostly because I love Slice of Life Anime's. They're not everyone's cup of tea, so I can see why you feel the way you do about it.

LEVEDIT: I liked it because I could relate to it on a social level. A lot of my conversations in real life are shown in a comical way in Azumanga... that and I love Tomo-Chan. <333
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by GuitarGod_92

There was this one anime that I can't remember it's name. It was like "Battle Butlers" or something like that. It had Santa making fun of a poor kid. It was hilarious.

Hayate the Combat Butler is what you're thinking of. Only read a few chapters of the manga and it was pretty funny.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Is it bad I want to see Konata and Kagami "doing stuff"?

not at all, even though they are essentially chibis

now asuka and rei doing stuff, id like that
I prefer reading the mangas, however I do like:

Basilisk
Ergo Proxy
GTO
Slam Dunk

and Gurren Lagann

Ruroni Kenshin was good up until the Shishio Makoto story arc, after that it started to go downhill fast.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Last edited by Blackbullet at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by TheReverend724
not at all, even though they are essentially chibis

now asuka and rei doing stuff, id like that

Kehehe, I downloaded a Lucky Star H-Game... it didn't work, so I just took all the pictures out of it. The best thing about it was that the art was almost 100% identical to the shows' art. For some weird reason, I can't look at Hentai of any of my favorite shows if the art is way off. It has to look exactly the same.

LEVEDIT: Are there any Adelaidians out there who are attending AVCon this year?
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Kehehe, I downloaded a Lucky Star H-Game... it didn't work, so I just took all the pictures out of it. The best thing about it was that the art was almost 100% identical to the shows' art. For some weird reason, I can;t look at Hentai of any of my favorite shows if the art is way off. It has to look exactly the same.

i honestly cant imagine LS hentai, but, im gonna go see for myself...
Quote by TheReverend724
i honestly cant imagine LS hentai, but, im gonna go see for myself...

Curiosity got the better of me. I couldn't before I downloaded it... and now I love it. xD

EDIT: ^ Agreed. Lets sway this conversation; what Anime is everyone currently watching? I'm watching Prism Ark right now, and so far, it's pretty good.
How has Lupin The 3rd not been said yet? That along with Cowboy Bebop and FLCL are the only anime shows I can even stand watching, let alone enjoy.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
Quote by ConeShred
How has Lupin The 3rd not been said yet? That along with Cowboy Bebop and FLCL are the only anime shows I can even stand watching, let alone enjoy.

I thought Cowboy Bepop was more of a 'TV Show' than an Anime. It's the only Anime my family can stand.
^ if you like CB check out Samurai Champloo
it was create by the same team as CB but instead of centering around Jazz and bounty hunters, it centers around Hip-Hop and samurai

When does Miyazaki's new film come out?
Quote by TheReverend724
+1000

and Samurai Champloo as well

Champloo was aight. Oh, and Big O was decent too. The original Japanese Yu-Gi-Oh series was entertaining as well.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
I thought Cowboy Bepop was more of a 'TV Show' than an Anime. It's the only Anime my family can stand.

I try to suppress my power levels and not watch anything around them so my family doesn't give me a creepy stare. The only person who watches anime with me is my older brother.....
I haven't watch any anime, except in Japanese class, for going on three years
Actually maybe a little when my brother bought the complete FMA series and when there is literally nothing else on TV. But I haven't watched it steadily in 3 years so....... I fail
Quote by TheReverend724
When does Miyazaki's new film come out?

August 14, 2009 apparently. Hmmm... -_____________-

EDIT: Jebus Christ, have you seen that voice cast? D:
Quote by ConeShred
Champloo was aight. Oh, and Big O was decent too. The original Japanese Yu-Gi-Oh series was entertaining as well.

Agreed.