I went busking yesterday with my mate who plays sax, We only got about £30 but it was cloudy and threatening to rain all the time we were out (about 2 and a half hours), it was my first time busking but my mate has made about £60 in two hours before when it was sunny, and usually makes in the £50's. Our set list was:

Everybody needs somebody to love - The blues brothers

Shake a Tail Feather - The blues brothers

Wonderwall - Oasis (because were not cliche at all )

Kids - MGMT

The only two songs that made any money were Kids and Everybody needs somebody, and everybody needs somebody made way more.

So does anyone have any ideas of songs to play?? The sax would be playing the vocal line.
yesterday by the Beatles?

you could make a great song with a sax

and baker street :p
Last edited by toine at Jul 5, 2009,
Hmm i'd say anything, the guitar will be rhythm and sax would be the melody line, that would sound really good.
Any hit could sound good
Originally posted by PedroLesPaulVM
"My guitar is always in tune because all the tuning heads face the same way."

LOL
Improvise, and write your own. Id toss money at someone playing something orignal before I did to someone playing a song someone else wrote. Just throw down some chords and let the sax player improvise over it.
Quote by UtBDan
this man hits the nail on the head.
Quote by blueriver
Improvise, and write your own. Id toss money at someone playing something orignal before I did to someone playing a song someone else wrote. Just throw down some chords and let the sax player improvise over it.

Me and a mate were busking (me guitar, them clarinet) and we got the most money while improvising.
I guess we looked cooler when doing that, too. The hard thing about improvising, is that if you go into a key change, you have ot think about what is comfortable for the sax player. Most keys a pretty comfy for guitar 'cause we can play it in all different positions, jsut move it upa nd down. The sax has to know all the notes :P

but yeah, Improing gets us the most money. Even if its just in the middle of a jazz song and you go back to the head afterwards. That improing can go for hours and sound GREAT. = $$$
Cheers people keep the sugestions coming, ill talk to him about the improvising thing that sounds like a fantastic idea, thats quite similar to what we did with kids, were he would play that main line that everyone gets in thier head, then hed improvise for abit, then go back to that main line.
pink floyd, supertramp, george thorogood, some rolling stones tunes.
and as some as the others said let him play the melody
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Beatles tunes would be good because they have recognizable melodies. Also Take Five by Dave Brubeck.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Baker Street
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly