Hi,

just thought some of the peeps here would be interested to hear that
this months Computer Music magazine has a free copy of Guitar Rig 3 LE on the DVD.
along with all the other cool freeware that is included every month anyway.

i just installed it myself, im not a fan of Guitar Rig at all, and i just bought Pod Farm Platinum last week, so im not going to get much use from this.
But i thought the dudes in here would be interested.
there is also some pretty sweet samples too.

BUY THE MAGAZINE!!!!

Don't you have to use an USB interface to connect your guitar to the computer and use that software?

I'm asking this because a friend of mine used to connect his guitar directly into his computer's mic input and used Guitar Rig, and it sounded really bad (lots of noise).
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
Don't you have to use an USB interface to connect your guitar to the computer and use that software?

I'm asking this because a friend of mine used to connect his guitar directly into his computer's mic input and used Guitar Rig, and it sounded really bad (lots of noise).

Thats what I do.
You have to download ASIO and install it first.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by Little_Buster
Thats what I do.
You have to download ASIO and install it first.

He did that, but that only reduces latency... He still gets lots of residual noise.

My guess is that computer sound cards aren't prepared to receive the input of an electric instrument.
Because when he records with his microphone, there's no noise.
When he connects the guitar jack directly into the mic input, there's noise.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
its not the full version

there are 3 amps and a few effects, not bad, what would you expect for free?

as for the lad with the noisy soundcard, thats what ya get for using your on-board soundcard!
Why don't you crack these programs ?!
Use a VPN or a Proxy download the Patch or Crack, apply it and use them for free
It's just a little against humanity !
In Iran we don't have any other choices ...
Guitar : Cort X-TH ( EMG 81-85 )
Amp : Marshall TSL-602
Effects : Boss MT-2, Boss NS-2
For all of you facing noise problems.
ASIO4ALL reduces latency so you can actually play !
Use one of those noise gates in : Components>Vol.
I recommend Noise Reduction. its easy and effective.
I use Line In port.
Quote by Philosophient
Why don't you crack these programs ?!
Use a VPN or a Proxy download the Patch or Crack, apply it and use them for free
It's just a little against humanity !
In Iran we don't have any other choices ...

why dont i come over to your house and steal your tv?

crackers=vermin

kids these days, they want the whole ****in universe handed to them on a plate for nothing. work-shy cheapskate losers.

I appreciate that living in Iran is a different story, but piracy is seriously uncool.
Quote by TheDriller
its not the full version

there are 3 amps and a few effects, not bad, what would you expect for free?

as for the lad with the noisy soundcard, thats what ya get for using your on-board soundcard!

that still sounds good, is there the stupid 30 minutes time limit though?
Quote by muckypup
that still sounds good, is there the stupid 30 minutes time limit though?

no, its not a demo, just a trimmed down version.
i had a quick mess with it today, hadn't had a chance to use guitar rig 3 in years.
the jcm800 is actually quite good, very usable. i'd probably never use it in a production but i thought "the lads on UG will like this". definatly worth picking up the magazine for.
Quote by TheDriller

I appreciate that living in Iran is a different story, but piracy is seriously uncool.

You can't blame me for that
It's HARD to be like this !
Quote by Philosophient
You can't blame me for that
It's HARD to be like this !

i assume there is some sort of ban on this kind of software in Iran?

again, i am sensitive to the fact that things are hard in Iran, my issue is that it is very uncool to recommend piracy to (most likely), middle class white kids living in the us or uk.
if they can afford a computer (or several computers in the case of most households), if they can afford guitars and amps, then they can afford software.
Quote by TheDriller
why dont i come over to your house and steal your tv?

crackers=vermin

kids these days, they want the whole ****in universe handed to them on a plate for nothing. work-shy cheapskate losers.

**** you. Keep your idiotic generation stereotypes to yourself.

On topic, LE versions usually pretty bad. I expect the same from this.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by DiveRightIn63
**** you. Keep your idiotic generation stereotypes to yourself.

Is there any other way to describe the infuriating sense of entitlement that the youngsters are carrying around these days?
not trying to sound like an old-timer, but these kids are part of the "never-had-it-so-good-generation" and they still want everything given to them for free.

as i stated, if you can afford a computer you can afford software.

oh, and consider coming up with a better insult next time.
I bought Guitar Rig 3 not too long ago for around 175 $ on ebay and its pretty great as it has alot of pretty good tones and the possiblility of creating ones yourself/ downloading ones created by others. The bass sounds however are just plain quiet ive used one of the clean guiat presets and set it up for bass.
Quote by TheDriller
Is there any other way to describe the infuriating sense of entitlement that the youngsters are carrying around these days?
not trying to sound like an old-timer, but these kids are part of the "never-had-it-so-good-generation" and they still want everything given to them for free.

I bought my computer 5 years ago. I download stuff because we only have money for food and rent. If I had a job and a computer that wasn't a piece of ****, I wouldn't download.
I download cause it's there... I'm a terrible person I know but screw it.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by TheDriller

Yes, because every kid has that sense of entitlement. If we were talking about race, you'd get flamed so hard; instead, since we're talking age, you're speaking "truth".

Quote by TheDriller

Right, because I insulted you.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by DiveRightIn63

Right, because I insulted you.

actually you said to him "F*** you" which many would take as a insult. Also downloading software isnt the worst thing in the world but it kinda of says something about your character thatd youd rather just take someones hard earned work. Its just taking money out of workers pockets , not some huge corporation, as even toontrack drums are usually made by teams of around 20 some odd people. its just wrong, but not the worst someone can do. I do agree he shouldnt generealize as im in the new generation (16 yrs old) and i work hard in school and purchase all my software by saving and selling crap on ebay. If you want to torrent you can its just not a good thing and it shows alot more interest if your willing to spend a couple hundred bucks on software and equipment.