Hello guys.

Recently i've been looking to buy my first bass(i've been playing guitar for one year now),and i've narrowed the search to these models....

Epiphone EB-0

Cort Action Bass:

Epiphone Les Paul Special

Epiphone Thunderbird IV:

Which one of these do you think is better?
My Gear
Ibanez RG350EX
Ibanez GRX40
Guitar Rig 3
Crappy Ibanez 15w amp

.......And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
Thunderbird, for sure
Quotes from other UGers in your signatures that talk about how good you are suck donkey schlong.
what kidn of music do you like
if you like rock and metal, i highly doubt the SG-like bass will be any good.
But you may look them up on youtube... and i've head good rumors about the ibanez, had a similar one... but this one tend to be better.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I got cort action V as one of my basses. It is really decent for such price.
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
What does everyone think of the peavey millenium bxp basses?

EDIT: From these id say thunderbird too
You should try all of them and see which one feels the best to you, not us. That said, I kinda like Thunderbirds, but most people on this forum don't approve. I would go for the Cort myself.

Edit:
Quote by sic6505+
What does everyone think of the peavey millenium bxp basses?

EDIT: From these id say thunderbird too

I've played one of these and it is quite good for the price range, in fact some professional bassists use them. Get the AC BXP though, they have different pickups that are in the Cirrus line and it's only $70 or so more.
Last edited by Steve08 at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by Steve08
I've played one of these and it is quite good for the price range, in fact some professional bassists use them. Get the AC BXP though, they have different pickups that are in the Cirrus line and it's only $70 or so more.

I would if it werent for the fact I'm a lefty and they only make the AC right handed. So I'm lookin at the Millenium 5 BXP.

Having said that, if Epi made the Thunderbird or LP Special in 5 string lefty, I'd snap it up. Haha
Out of those, the Cort. But I second what Del said above - try them out and see which one you like best.

stratkat
Last edited by EuBoat at Jul 5, 2009,
i had the cort, i hated it ... i tryed a sg yesterday, there actually alright. i'd go with the thunderbird
Fender: Aerodyne Precision Bass
Squier: Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

BOSS: TU-2
BOSS: ODB-3
Jim Dunlop: Bass Wah Wah
Electro Harmonix: The Mole
Electro Harmonix: Bass Big Muff
Behringer: Bass Limiter Enchancer

Hartke: Kickback 12
I played that SG last time I was in Saint Louis, and its not a bad guitar. May get it for my next one actually. Upgrade the pickup and who knows?
But other than that, the Thunderbird will throw down a meaty line. I never did like Cort too much, and havent had the chance to try out the Les Paul yet, though it is quite sexy.
Good luck choosing one, and let us know.
Quote by navarreguitaris
Look at all those Sg's and Prs's.
:'(

I wish I owned those.

Everytime i go in that shop(i went there when i bought my 2nd guitar),i die a little inside looking at all the nice guitars they have...last time i was there they had a 68 strat reissue heavy relic,and the gilmour signature...let's say it wasn't a good day for me

Returning on topic,i'll surely try out all of those basses,even though i'm a guitarist,and will probably play guitar stuff on them like all guitarists that play some bass
My Gear
Ibanez RG350EX
Ibanez GRX40
Guitar Rig 3
Crappy Ibanez 15w amp

.......And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
Last edited by ElitemasterXx at Jul 5, 2009,