Hey guys heres the deal
Im taking guitar more seriously now and getting into the early slayer solos, you know, the ones where you don't have to rape the whammy bar
Anyways i've been getting into Chemical Warfare and its 3 solos lately and my tone is absolutely terrible, and i'll admit its a bit discouraging

Here is my gear

BC Rich Platinum Pro Warlock
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss Metal Zone MT2 distortion pedal

My BC Rich's pup are stock and on my peavey i have these settings

Low
Mid
High
Post Gain
Reverb
Boost
High gain / classic modern channel

On my pedal i have

The volume ( Level ) nob
2 Equalizer nobs
and the distortion nob which adds more distortion or less

I'm going for a good sound for municipal waste and slayer here so could someone please help me setup with some good settings?
Cheers
Post your current settings and we'll see what makes it terrible
» Ibanez SZ520 + JB/Jazz
» Rocktron Rampage
» Vox ToneLab SE
» Laney LC15
The Boss pedal is a very poor one. I'd recommend you either get a much better distortion pedal, or you grit your teeth and save up for a better amp. Getting the better amp will be the long term solution, getting the better distortion pedal will unfortunately only be a short term one.
lose the BC rich, i mean it might be a good guitar but omg its so ****ing gross
Quote by futsalman
lose the BC rich, i mean it might be a good guitar but omg its so ****ing gross

Can we keep it on topic thanks?
i enjoy seeing what people reply to my question with but i don't enjoy some talking sh*t about my gear.
Were all different, you don't like it, i do, thats why i payed money for it...
agreed dont come to some dudes thread just to diss his gear. it aint your guitar so stfu.

and yeah can we get your current setting pwease and some clippage :p
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
Quote by sylphin
agreed dont come to some dudes thread just to diss his gear. it aint your guitar so stfu.

and yeah can we get your current setting pwease and some clippage :p

Ok, pardon me sir for not putting up a video of my playing or not giving you my settings, i am a new player ( 5 months ) and i am a new guy at this website.
Im trying to make an effort and get some help from you all as i don't know any proffesionals in this field.

As soon as i can i will put up a video with me playing, though this may take a few days
and my specs at the moment that i usually use are

on my amp

LOW 8
MID 4
HIGH 8
BOOST 0
REVERB 0
POST GAIN 6 1/2

on my pedal

Equalizer nob #1 2 o'clock
Equalizer nob # 2 10 o'clock
Distortion nob 2 o'clock

they are my settings at the moment, i will put up a vid i assure you, it may take a few weeks though, 3 max, because i want to show it to you on my V but i have not got it yet and my D pedal is out of juice, so at least you have my settings now.
I apologize for any inconvenience to the great members of UG
Scooped mids = bad tone.
Scooped mids with a metal zone = god awful tone.

Seriously dude, nobody is trying to diss you or offend you or anything, but you asked for our opinions, and many people will agree with this.
Quote by michal23
Scooped mids = bad tone.
Scooped mids with a metal zone = god awful tone.

Seriously dude, nobody is trying to diss you or offend you or anything, but you asked for our opinions, and many people will agree with this.

For one, i do not know what '' scooped mids '' are and secondly, its all i have for now.
I just want some help, not opinions...
scooped mids is when you turn the mids on your amp down, which you have done.

bass-8
mid-4
treble-8

is scooped mids.

try something like
bass-5
mid-7
treble-7