I have been given the opportunity to purchase a VHT Pitbull for $600 or possibly as a trade.

What kinda genres would this amp be best for?
Something brutal. I think Slipknot used these on Iowa. From what I've heard, they've got a very clear, dry, hi-gain sound.
Slipknot?
not my style...

But a clean high Gain is nice sounding.
Do you mean Smooth and Articulate when you say "Clean" ?
I said "clear". Dunno about smooth, what I've heard from the clips is that it's kinda hi-fi and articulate. "Smooth" for me means either a Rectifier or a horribly scooped tone, otherwise, it's not smooth Can't say anything 'bout the lead sound, all I know about this amp concerns only rhythm playing. Maybe check out some demos and stuff? There was a website somewhere with hundreds of amp clips.
Doo it nao, that's an awesome price for a great amp buddy
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's

OP:

VHT is known for its articulate, dry high gain sound with having probably the tightest low end on the market. Every note will come through, however in exchange, so will every mistake you make. These are horribly unforgiving amps, however, they sound godly. They are not smooth or flubby or creamy really, they are dry, tight, high gain machines.

I think if you decide not to buy this amp, you should forward me the name and phone number of this person you are potentially buying from
Which Pittbull is it...?

There's like 10 different version of them. Some are high gain, some are not. We need a little more info here...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I have been given the opportunity to purchase a VHT Pitbull for $600 or possibly as a trade.

What kinda genres would this amp be best for?

Aaron from Isis uses those religiously.

Not sure if you're an Isis fan, but they can handle really sludgy stuff like Isis, but they can also do stuff like shred and death metal, and with a single coil guitar, can do tons of other genres. They're really nice amps, but definitely dry as someone already said.
I own a VHT Pittbull Ultra Lead. (pics in my profile) Best amp I've ever played. It's truly an expressive musical instrument in a way most amps aren't. Cleans are astoundingly smooth and distortion is just like you'd expect. This amp let me forget about tone, it's there, and just play music. I paid a whole lot more than $600 for mine so depending on the model you potentially have a great deal.
$600 sounds like a pretty good price...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
$600 sounds like a pretty good price...

almost as good as a sheetrock Mesa/Boogie....
600's a REALLY good price.

even if the pitbull's not your thing, it's an amazing deal. go for it!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I was going to mention Isis, but fanman already beat me to it. However, I'll add that I saw them a couple weeks ago and both of their guitarists are using Fryette/VHTs now. Unsure if they're using the Pitbull, though.

Very lovely amp. I'd jump all over that deal, if I were you. Worse comes to worst and you don't like it, you could probably flip it for twice that. (Edit: Or sell it to me for $600 and make your money back. )

Depending on the specific model, of course.
Last edited by kylegumby at Jul 6, 2009,
I am not very informed on the amp.
I live on the same street as the guy so I am going to test it sometime soon.
It is a 212 amplifier, 2 channel IIRC.

And i'm far from a beginner I enjoy tight tone.
I think I am going for it.
Do it, foo'. You can always flip it for more than that. Pitbulls are supposed to have really nice cleans too, so that should be good.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by unet
DOITDOITDOITDOIT!

How will you have the moneys for this, the transmodifier and the DL-4?

Selling my old Crate 212 for the DL4 (which I am getting for $100)
Transmodifier won't cost much hopefully, but i haven't even got a quote on the pricing yet.
And for the VHT I might trade him my Vintage Mockingbird, he is thinking about it.

EDIT: Erick quit playing guitar so he has a lot of stuff for sale.
His Custom shop Dean Flying V that he got made for himself, his Really old SG that he got from his Uncle from the 60's, and this VHT.
Tis a shame the man quit but to the admiration of his giving soul, he gave me a low offer due to knowing me, how sweet and gentle.
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by Silenced7
almost as good as a sheetrock Mesa/Boogie....

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by kylegumby
I was going to mention Isis, but fanman already beat me to it. However, I'll add that I saw them a couple weeks ago and both of their guitarists are using Fryette/VHTs now. Unsure if they're using the Pitbull, though.

Aaron's still using a Pitbull but Michael went from his Mesa V-Twin Preamp/Power amp combo to the VHT Sig:X, or Fryette as the company is now called. I wonder if Isis are endorsed by Fryette now, since both guitarists are using his amps.
From what I know of VHT, they're very tight, high gain amps. But the retail for a LOT more then 600. If you don't like it, sell for profit
Like i said, there's a bunch of Pittbulls. Many are low-mid gain amps, and many sell in the <$1000 range.

Without knowing what model it is, no one can help.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Dave_Mc

huge scam on HCAF a while back....guy was selling $500 dual recs, bunch of people bought...all of them received boogie boxes loaded with sheetrock
Quote by Silenced7
huge scam on HCAF a while back....guy was selling $500 dual recs, bunch of people bought...all of them received boogie boxes loaded with sheetrock

that sucks for the buyers
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Silenced7

ah, ok, thanks, i just didn't know what you meant

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
that sucks for the buyers

lol thats what i am saying. If he is getting offered a pitbull UL for $600, it's likely a box of sheetrock lol