Hey guys

yesterday i was mangling my squier HH telecaster's neck pickup attempting to rotate the magnet for magnetically out of phase sounds (i heard it was a better sound than simply wiring the pickup in backwards, and indeed it is!), but i discovered something interesting:

the neck pickup said "INF4" on the bobbin. and i thought "huh? why does that make me think of ibanez?!?"

and sure enough.. i google search "Ibanez INF4" and it is indeed an ibanez pickup, the same as they use in their indonesian made guitars...

This guitar is all stock, and made in indonesia as are the ibanez models which have the INF/INFS pickups - now, i know it may not actually be wound to ibanez spec, but that does tell you that they could be made in the same factory, as it clearly has a bobbin taken from an ibanez pickup. anyone got any more in-depth information about it?
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
O.0
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
if the ibanez pickup is featured in a guitar that's made in the same factory as your squier then i could see it happening like that
Quote by azn_guitarist25
if the ibanez pickup is featured in a guitar that's made in the same factory as your squier then i could see it happening like that

yeah, that's what i was thinking, although indonesia may have more than one factory

anyway i've emailed fender about it.. they are more likely to have an answer.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
o.0 i wonder what they will say
I own a Gibson SG Standard
And I am officialy recognized as an SG commando

Gibson 2009 SG Standard --> Peavey Classic 50 2x12

RIP Lester William Polsfuss aka Les Paul 1915-2009
RIP Stephen Ray Vaughan aka SRV 1954-1990
Quote by Blompcube
yeah, that's what i was thinking, although indonesia may have more than one factory

anyway i've emailed fender about it.. they are more likely to have an answer.

I'm watching this space, mostly to see what kind of PR bull**** you might get in reply