Lets see.. They said they would go in a different direction than previous albums
have a feeling that it will signal the end of the affair as far as me and Arctic Monkeys go. I'll definitely give it a proper chance though.
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
if it involves more **** singing, mediocore guitars and lyrics about being yorkshire working class then i think i'd rather fellate a gun barrel.
I doubt they'll ever top their debut.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by Draken
if it involves more **** singing, mediocore guitars and lyrics about being yorkshire working class then i think i'd rather fellate a gun barrel.

the singing is slightly idiosyncratic and there was virtually nothing about being yorkshire working class in the 2nd one, and actually they've always made it clear that they're not working class, just regular lads.
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
I'm looking forward to it. I wasn't blown away by favourite worst nightmare, but I liked it. It was one of my first albums I think.

What new direction are they taking?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Its not gunna be as good as the other 2, dont get your hopes up
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
I hope it's good, but unfortunately I can see them trying to be more clever than they can actually pull off. You cant do the same things all the time though and with some luck it'll be a good new direction.
Judging from the new single its looking pretty good.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Last edited by Fiddelers elbow at Jul 7, 2009,
I don't see why everyone is predicting a failure? Anyone got any genuine reasons for this, or do we simply live in age where bands only have one or two decent albums?

I'm not a fan, but I have a bit of time for them as popular music goes. They've been consistent in writing good pop tunes which offer a bit more than the average one does - some interesting music, and actually very good lyrics.
The king stay the king
I don't necessarily believe that the new album will be a "failure" - I just think it won't live up to the standard that the debut created. I expect that this album will be similar to Favourite Worst Nightmare in that it will be a solid album, but it will lack that something that the debut had.

All in all, I am eager to hear the new tunes that they've been working on.
Quote by tp600
I don't see why everyone is predicting a failure? Anyone got any genuine reasons for this, or do we simply live in age where bands only have one or two decent albums?

Cause the chances it'll sound different to the two average albums they've put out already is unlikely.
Quote by Libertine..
Cause the chances it'll sound different to the two average albums they've put out already is unlikely.

For someone who lists Oasis and Libertines as your favourite bands, you are quick to accuse bands of showing no diversity.

I was talking from the perspective of the people who rated the first/second album anyway. Obviously if you think their early stuff is average, you won't have high expectations for this one.
The king stay the king
Last edited by tp600 at Jul 8, 2009,
Quote by tp600
For someone who lists Oasis and Libertines as your favourite bands, you are quick to accuse band of showing no diversity.

I was talking from the perspective of the people who rated the first/second album anyway. Obviously if you think their early stuff is average, you won't have high expectations for this one.

Couldn't agree more.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by tp600
For someone who lists Oasis and Libertines as your favourite bands, you are quick to accuse band of showing no diversity.

The Libertines created a sound (Monkeys didn't). Oasis were much better at pulling off recycled material than the Monkeys.

Perhaps 'average' is a bit rash, but it just annoyed me seeing everyone go on about their first album being ten out of ten when there were a load of other bands doing the same thing.

I rated their second album, thought it was better. All I'm saying is that I don't think they'll be able to live up the expectations unless they switch their sound up a little.