Which do you think are better, and which should i get. Need a beefy blues to rock and metal bridge pup that coilsplits nicely, and a neck pup for jazz to shred and some funk on the coil split. Not looking for anything too hot really as long as the tone is great. Playing 5150 soon to be bugera 6262, s series ibanez, schecter hellraiser, les paul

Additional pickup question...if i put a telecaster pickup in the middle of an S series guitar would it give me tele like tones using the inbetween positions and a coil split?
Last edited by RichT. at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by RichT.
Which do you think are better, and which should i get. Need a beefy blues to rock and metal bridge pup that coilsplits nicely, and a neck pup for jazz to shred and some funk on the coil split. Not looking for anything too hot really as long as the tone is great. Playing 5150 soon to be bugera 6262, s series ibanez, schecter hellraiser, les paul

Which bareknuckles?
The warpig is meant to imitate the EMG 81/85s in a passive version. And the blackouts are superior to the EMGs. I'm not sure if either coil split.

The hellraiser should have coil-splitting EMGs in it though.
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
Which bareknuckles?
The warpig is meant to imitate the EMG 81/85s in a passive version. And the blackouts are superior to the EMGs. I'm not sure if either coil split.

The hellraiser should have coil-splitting EMGs in it though.

i cant remember what the bareknuckle guy recommended warpig and miracle man maybe. I dont really want to emulate emgs at all bit too saturated, but i think blackouts are more organic sounding.
Quote by RichT.

Additional pickup question...if i put a telecaster pickup in the middle of an S series guitar would it give me tele like tones using the inbetween positions and a coil split?

A crucial part of the Tele bridge tone is the metal plate on the underside of the pickup, so any Tele or Strat singlecoil with a copper plate on the bottom will get you in the Tele ballpark.