so i have a Alvarez AD60k and i was looking at a gibson hummingbird and i really dont see it to be all that much better then my acoustic (AD60k) yet everyone thinks there the most amazing guitars you can buy(hummingbird that is)
so help me out to understand.

i have never played one ever(hummingbird).
Last edited by Zdalejohnson at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by Zdalejohnson
so i have a Alvarez AD60k and i was looking at a gibson hummingbird and i really dont see it to be all that much better then my acoustic (AD60k) yet everyone thinks there the most amazing guitars you can buy(hummingbird that is)

granite i have never played one ever.

Tell me that didn't just happen.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Quote by sixstringsteve
Tell me that didn't just happen.

it happened alright.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Well, my guess is that the hummingbird sounds different than your alvarez. Some people like the tone that a Hummingbird has, some like the way it looks, some like it because it's just a gibson....and some like it for all of those reasons. But however, if you like your Alvarez, than you should definitely keep your Alvarez for the most important reason; YOU LIKE IT. That's the most important reason to buy/keep a guitar.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
That's like me saying my Epi Special II is better than a PRS private stock, only because I've never played one.
You have to play a guitar in order to judge it.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Agree with the above. Don't just buy one on say so; try one out first. While you are at it however and because i am biased to what I own, try out Martin too.
in terms of looks, playability, and tone, I am in love with this hummingbird at the GC close to me. However, I decided to order a Taylor DN3 because it is half the price.
everyone doesn't think the hummingbirds are the most amazing. when it comes to gibsons, i prefer the songwriters, j-45's and sj-100s to the hummingbirds.

that being said, if you can't hear the difference between the more expensive and entry level guitars, and you want to learn about it, your best bet is to go to guitar stores and play every guitar you can get your hands on, listening carefully - NOT so you can decide which is best, but so you can learn the differences in sound from guitar to guitar.

btw, your avarez, while i believe it is an all-laminate guitar, is made of exotic and less common woods. it sure won't sound like the regular tonewoods.

Quote by Zdalejohnson

i have never played one ever(hummingbird).