Hi

I'm looking to buy a 15W all valve combo. Willing to spend around £300/350.

All I need is an amp with decent cleans and a good amount of headroom. I handle my drive and any other effects with my pedalboard. I think volume/master or volume/gain controls are a must have.

So does anyone have any offers to make me? (Fender Super Champ/Vibro Champ does not count as all valve when you actually look into it, so I'm not interested in either of thise).

Thanks
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
There's not much point in getting a very low power valve amp when what you want is a lot of headroom. 15 watt valve amps aren't much quieter than 100watt valve amps, but have a hell of a lot less headroom. Maybe a 50watt is more what you're looking for, they have a fair bit of headroom, unless you're playing gigs un-mic'ed, but can still reach that power tube distortion state without insane volume.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
There's not much point in getting a very low power valve amp when what you want is a lot of headroom. 15 watt valve amps aren't much quieter than 100watt valve amps, but have a hell of a lot less headroom. Maybe a 50watt is more what you're looking for, they have a fair bit of headroom, unless you're playing gigs un-mic'ed, but can still reach that power tube distortion state without insane volume.

50w is FAR too big.

I know 15w is fine, because my tiny terror is fine in terms of headroom. I'm perfectly happy to mic up if I'm gigging.

Also buying a decent 50w amp would be way too expensive.

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
Quote by Baarmy_Sheep
50w is FAR too big.

I know 15w is fine, because my tiny terror is fine in terms of headroom. I'm perfectly happy to mic up if I'm gigging.

Also buying a decent 50w amp would be way too expensive.

I suppose. If you know how much headroom you're looking at with a 15watt amp then that's all good, I thought you meant a fair bit of headroom in a general means.

And I got my 50/100watt JCM 900 fair cheap, although the caps/trannys need to be replaced soon, and that's expensive.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
My Laney TT100-212 Combo will be going up for sale as soon as I re-tube it. Slightly more than what you're planning to spend but a killer amp with really cool features. Check it out and let me know if you're interested.
Gear: Ibanez, MusicMan, Mesa Boogie, Fractal Audio, RJM Music
Quote by axemanrio
My Laney TT100-212 Combo will be going up for sale as soon as I re-tube it. Slightly more than what you're planning to spend but a killer amp with really cool features. Check it out and let me know if you're interested.

thanks for the offer, but it think it's probably too big. and my £300/400 budget is really all I can stick to.

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
I'm talking £400 if you can collect
Quote by axemanrio
I'm talking £400 if you can collect

that's seriously so tempting, but inless it's got some sort of built in attenuator, i don't think i'll be particularly popular when i move in to halls at uni! 100w would be wasted. (you could probably get away with selling it for more than that btw, especially as you're re-tubing it).

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
That's the best part man, it has a magic MUTE button so you can mute the speakers and go record out I mute and go into my Firewire Solo and use a pair of headphones.

It's a serious amp which rivals Boogies and Marshalls, comes with a MIDI footswitch... no functional issues with the amp, just a few tolex marks from gigging. Selling because I'm used to single channel amps, this is too much for me.
Quote by axemanrio
That's the best part man, it has a magic MUTE button so you can mute the speakers and go record out I mute and go into my Firewire Solo and use a pair of headphones.

It's a serious amp which rivals Boogies and Marshalls, comes with a MIDI footswitch... no functional issues with the amp, just a few tolex marks from gigging. Selling because I'm used to single channel amps, this is too much for me.

ah, thanks, but i think i'd rather pay the same price for a single/possibly dual channel amp. i've spent a while setting up my pedalboard and just found the perfect overdrive so i only need a clean amp setup. thanks anyway though.

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
I've got a Marshall JCM900 2x12 combo 50w Im looking to sell. Its been modified so it takes 6550 tubes which improves clarity (thus nicer cleans). Its got an effects loop too, so you could use your pedal board into the effects loop return so it just works like a poweramp (I've done this with my POD XT and it works very well). Its a 2 channel amp. Good condition, only a few nicks in the tolex on the bottom of the amp, recently had a few of the control pots replaced as they were a bit scratchy. Tubes have plenty of life left in them. Fits in your budget. PM me if you're interested!

*No advertising in signature*