I am just a beginner in guitar and I want to practice a rock song... it is possible? if so can someone advice me what song should I practice?
Try some AC/DC. Quite easy.

EDIT: Of course it's possible, you probably just need to practise.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
just pick something fairly simple sounding that you like, powerchords will be easiest
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
yah, either try powerchord song which are boring such as ACDC( -_-) or you could try folk music like Dylan or Young which is just simple chord structures. This depends on if you have an electric or and acoustic, electric powerchords acoustic folk, unless you have a sexy electric with a groovy tone then its up to you,
Good Luck !
uhh Smoke on the Water? also Day After Day by Badfinger, the intro riff from Down on the Corner by CCR, Living Loving Maid by Led Zeppelin.

Also before you go into spending 10hrs a day playing Smoke on the water, read all the threads and lessons for beginners, like at the start of the guitar techniques forum. And learn chords and scales. Also, stretch and warm up before you play.
iron man, paranoid, sweet leaf all by black sabbath. The song Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath is the easiest, theres only like two riffs for the whole song, yet its the scariest sounding song Ive heard.
Pretty much any song from the Ramones catalog can be learned in 10-15 minutes. The vast majority of songs by Black Sabbath, Nirvana, Green Day, and AC/DC are super easy to learn as well. There's more than enough material from these five bands to get you started.
dude you should try playing some Ramones most of their songs are usually only 2 or 3 chords. if there are more than 2 or 3 chords, its usually just a variation that. such as a 2 or 3 finger powerchord.
thanks guys for a great answers and suggestions of songs

so far I pick these:

NIRVANA
1) all apologies
2) The Man who sold the World

RAMONES
1) Pet Sematary
2) 53rd & 3rd

I plan to pick like AC/DC, Black Sabbath, and Green Day but I lacked of thime to search them all so please give me atleast top 5 of their songs together with nirvana and ramones....
Quote by LordPino
Try some AC/DC. Quite easy.

I second this. Give "Back in Black" a shot.
Last edited by CT_Eagle at Jul 5, 2009,
Personally, I'd reccomend playing some Green Day songs, these mainly consist of powerchords, yet their speed gives you a nice challenge
if your into rock try playing some Turbonegro (i got erection is one of the funnest riffs i know!), Greenday, Ramones etc then when you get that down perhaps move onto like Jet or Zico Chain or something
Originally Posted by CaptainJack666
i can see why he likes elevators, theyre a truly uplifting experience

Join The NSW FTW Group
PM Lrn2shrd69, Greekmagician or dougie_mate to join.
Quote by LukeElliff
Personally, I'd recommend playing some Green Day songs, these mainly consist of powerchords, yet their speed gives you a nice challenge

I second this, with a minor spelling correction.

Green Day is good and easy, as is a lot of Nirvana, and most popular punk/rock music of today.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Also, i dont know if this helps but when i first started i couldnt really play power chords fast enough to play with the song. so i just played the root notes until i got a feel for how the song goes with the fret board. then slowly over time i added the other notes in the power chord on top. and that really helped me out

if that doesnt make sense, sorry. im bad at explaining myself
Originally Posted by CaptainJack666
i can see why he likes elevators, theyre a truly uplifting experience

Join The NSW FTW Group
PM Lrn2shrd69, Greekmagician or dougie_mate to join.
theres a sticky in the tab talk forum about begginer songs.
go there.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)