you could probably sell it on CL for $150. it's not much, but if you have some extra money, you could try getting an Avatar cabinet. its $500 for a 412 with your choice of color and speakers.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Quote by zenabi87
should i trade? i got the windsor....i play metal

No, they both suck IMHO.

Try an Avatar 4x12, they rule. Beautiful sound. Top-notch construction. Speaker/Configuration of your choice. All for under $600. Blows away any Marshall, Vox, or Fender cabinet I've ever come across.

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/
Last edited by jblittlefield at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by jblittlefield
No, they both suck IMHO.

Try an Avatar 4x12, they rule. Beautiful sound. Top-notch construction. Speaker/Configuration of your choice. All for under $600. Blows away any Marshall, Vox, or Fender cabinet I've ever come across.

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/

one of the great things i've noticed about Avatar is that you can get the Celestion speakers, and if you don't like them, you can sell them to get something like Eminence speakers. I've done the math, and you are pretty much getting your money back.

i am thinking about getting an Avatar 412 with V30's and G12H30's. then i will probably sell the G12's to get some eminence speakers to go with the V30's. in the end, i will save like $200-$300!! that's if i sell the G12's for their retail price (they are new after all).
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Instead of suggesting TS something he might not want/cant afford, can we please just answer the questions he asked?

Its like if someone asked whether to trade a Vypyr for a Cube, and getting responses like, no get a Mark V...

/end 'slight' exaggeration. But you get my point?

Not trying to offend/flame or anything, just trying to get my point across.

Sorry, im not sure how good/bad the Blue Voodoo cabs are, but Peaveys cabs GENERALLY arent very good, i agree with what acdcrocks0323 said, it might be a good trade. I havent heard good things about the Windsor cabinets.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
if you can get a good trade, then do it. but if the retail price is $200, you can probably get away with selling it for $150 on CL. but if possible, you should go with an Avatar, even if it is just a 212. they are well constructed and more affordable than most other cabinets.
--Einstein

--Einstein
The Blue Voodoo cabs aren't bad. People need to stop generalizing around here.

The Voodoo cabs either came with real Celestion Vintage 30s or clones of them, they clones aren't as good as the originals, but they're a hell of a lot better sounding than the Windsor speakers.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
so really it doesnt matter if the voodoo has the real celestions or not its still better then the windsor right?
Quote by zenabi87
so really it doesnt matter if the voodoo has the real celestions or not its still better then the windsor right?

it probably will be, but how much is the voodoo? or maybe a better question would be how much can you get for the voodoo??
--Einstein

--Einstein
i have no idea thats why im asking if its a good trade,,if any1 know how much a voodoo cab would cost please let me know!
Listen to MatrixClaw.
Ive got no personal experience with either cabs, but i would take MatrixClaw's advice anyday.

Quote by Danyg
Quote by zenabi87
i have no idea thats why im asking if its a good trade,,if any1 know how much a voodoo cab would cost please let me know!

i've seen $300 used. but for a little more, you can get an Avatar cab and it has real celestions. and it seems to be highly recommended. i haven't had any experience with them, but they seem to be high quality and affordable.
--Einstein

--Einstein
So its just a direct swap? Windsor cab for Blue Voodoo cab? I would do that, and if the worst happens to be that you dont like it, you could always sell it.

Quote by Danyg
I'd do it and sell the BV
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by MatrixClaw
The Blue Voodoo cabs aren't bad. People need to stop generalizing around here.

The Voodoo cabs either came with real Celestion Vintage 30s or clones of them, they clones aren't as good as the originals, but they're a hell of a lot better sounding than the Windsor speakers.

Judging from this, DO IT.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
thanks i did the trade,,,,now im waiting on my stupid drill to charge so i can open it and see what it has!
so i got it open and found this.. how do i know what type of speakers they are?
they usually say it on the back.......but the back is completely black.....so maybe they are the clones? It's hard to tell. How do they sound is the real questions? If they sound good, then it doesn't really matter what speakers are in it.
--Einstein

--Einstein
they actually sound pretty good,,better then the windsor thats for sure...well at least to me cuz good is subjective.....if anyone has any info in these speakers plz let me know!
Quote by zenabi87
they actually sound pretty good,,better then the windsor thats for sure...well at least to me cuz good is subjective.....if anyone has any info in these speakers plz let me know!

Well if they sound good and suite your playing style, then i don't see anything wrong with them. but if you did want to replace them with some real V30's, they are bout $120 a piece. If you want something cheaper that still sound good, you can try Eminence Legend V12's. Or if you want to be creative, you can mix both the V12's and V30's. I haven't tried it, but i made a thread a while ago and everyone says it will work and that it would make a nice combination.

good luck.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Thanks!!i would still wanna know what speakers my cab has so if anyone knows or has any idea of what they might be let me know.
Quote by JKMV11
if you can get a good trade, then do it. but if the retail price is $200, you can probably get away with selling it for $150 on CL. but if possible, you should go with an Avatar, even if it is just a 212. they are well constructed and more affordable than most other cabinets.

Have they stopped falling apart unexpectedly like I heard some of them used to?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Good choice! I have the same blue voodoo cabinet. The construction and materials of a cab are very important factors for tone. The blue voodoo cab construction is by far, better than most others! The tone and sound quality produced by this cab is an 11. My cab has the same speakers. Looked and looked around, but couldn't find out anything about them. They sound great, always have. that's all that matters to me.

Gibson Lp Standard
Fender Lonestar Strat
Peavey 5150 II head
Crate bv412 cab

(willing to trade or sell 5150 head. don't play metal anymore. I also have a Crate GFX212 combo for sale, and a Peavey Special 212 combo, first generation for sale.)
looking to get Fender '57 Twin or twin blackface.

I've tried my Windsor head with V30s and really didn't care for the results. I use a 2x12 with Celestion G12T-100s that sounds much better with the Windsor for what I do with it. The Windsor is already a fairly bright, aggressive sounding head, and the V30s just took it a bit too far in that direction. Of course, if you're happy with the way it sounds now, then forget I said anything.
Quote by Stickymongoose
I've tried my Windsor head with V30s and really didn't care for the results. I use a 2x12 with Celestion G12T-100s that sounds much better with the Windsor for what I do with it. The Windsor is already a fairly bright, aggressive sounding head, and the V30s just took it a bit too far in that direction. Of course, if you're happy with the way it sounds now, then forget I said anything.

Well im still not sure what kidn of speakers my blue voodoo has,,did you check out the clip? i made another one where i play clean and the tone has less mids and more bass