yo mofos im gonna get a bass, to start learning... i really want a bass that looks good and sounds good, since im a metal head... http://www.thomann.de/es/bc_rich_virgo_bass_vint_celtic_b_stock.htm and http://www.thomann.de/es/bc_rich_zombie_revenge_bass.htm are the ones i have in mind.... ive heard that bc rich makes good bass's (not guitars XD) personally id like a Ironbird like abbath from immortal... but i cant find any and its probs to expensive, anyway let me know which is best out of the two or suggest other bass guitars, preferably with a kool look xDD anyway only experienced bass players comment, ppl that dont have a clue and leave useless comments will be ignored and -1'ed

thanksss XDD
i'd suggest the Virgo, but for the love of all that is good why would you want an Ironbird? :P
Rockin' shit
The way a bass looks should be far from the top on the list of what you need in a bass. You should get something which you like the sound of, that feels comfortable to you. In my experience B.C. basses are just as bad as their guitars, it's only when you get to their high end stuff is when they start to get good.

To make suggestions on basses for you, we need a bit more info. What's your price range? How many strings would you prefer? What amp do you play through?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
My trolls senses are tingling...

IF you're legit I'll say that low end BC Riches are just awful, even Epiphone are better. All electric basses can be used for metal, you just have to EQ them right.
If you're set on a more metal image but want a good quality starter I suggest one of these two: http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0321500543 or http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0321503506
Quote by Spaz91
My trolls senses are tingling...

Mine too...

TS, what amps do you have available to play through right now? How much are you willing to spend?
Quote by skater dan0
right its obvious that everybody here are no lifes that sit at home all day on forums, geez i just wanted answers all i got was crap about trolls... srsly guys get out of the house a bit.
Quote by $lipKnoT
right its obvious that everybody here are no lifes that sit at home all day on forums, geez i just wanted answers all i got was crap about trolls... srsly guys get out of the house a bit.

Troll
Quote by $lipKnoT

*reported*
Quote by skater dan0
Im not sensing a troll? Seems legit to me, remeber we were ALL starters once too.

TS, I would recomend some Dean basses for their look. They have a line made for metal. They run $200. Then for an Amp, I would recommend an Acoustic brand, because they are nice amps at a very moddest price.

And dont let anyone get to you..
he's a newcommer to bass and makes a simple yet very common mistake of going for cheap BC Rich instruments. I won't say he's a troll, he's just judging "raw" looks rather than functionality and quality. I would look at Washburn instead for a cheap good solid allround bass, for example a Taurus. It might not scream br00t4lz but dammit it's worth it.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Schecter, Dean, ESP. I played a ESP LTD B-254 when I started. Great looks for metal, but I think they might not make it anymore. They probably make a similar model though.
Quote by CliffIsAngry
he's a newcommer to bass and makes a simple yet very common mistake of going for cheap BC Rich instruments. I won't say he's a troll, he's just judging "raw" looks rather than functionality and quality. I would look at Washburn instead for a cheap good solid allround bass, for example a Taurus. It might not scream br00t4lz but dammit it's worth it.

I wasn't calling him a troll based on the fact he went for a B.C. Rich, I was calling him a troll based on his attitude towards everyone.
Quote by skater dan0
Last edited by fleajr_1412 at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by fleajr_1412
I wasn't calling him a troll based on the fact he went for a B.C. Rich, I was calling him a troll based on his attitude towards everyone.

agreed I wanted a BC rich when I first started hell the Trivium sig I still kinda want but calling everyone "mofos" and the little disclaimer make me scream troll or atleast douche bag
guys, I doubt he's coming back...he probably doesn't want help from a bunch of "no lifes that sit at home all day on forums" like us.
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
TS warned. Next time you act out like that, there will be something much stronger. Don't post up a thread and then antagonize the people who you want advice from.