Im really considering buying this pedal, due to the fact that i wont have to replace it anytime soon, and the features are endless. It is a high price tag, but i think and hope that its worth it.

Can someone please tell me what the extra modulation effects are on it? I know theres chorus, but what are the other two modulation settings?

Also, can this be used as a looper at all?

Any opinions on this pedal at all would be greatly appreciated. I watched this demo of it, and know i just have to have it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f8HD8r3vsY&feature=related

Oh, and thanks Nightraven for alerting me to these pedals, otherwise i wouldnt even know they existed.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
if you're concerned about the price tag, check out the new tc electronic nova repeater.

alot less, and apparently better. *shrug*
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
tc electronics are fantastic. i use the nova delay in my post recorded signal chain with protools. they are great. 100% reccomend it
Isnt the Repeater just the same thing, with less features? Thats what ive been hearing anyway. No presets, which is a big thing for me.

Im not that worried with the price tag, as long as its reliable, ill get more than my money's worth out of it. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Quote by Danyg
Yeah, the repeater looks really good aswell, but im thinking long term. If i start gigging in the next few years (like I plan to), the Nova Delay will come in very handy.

Is the Nova Reverb unit any good? Or would i be better off with a Dr Scientist RRR?

Quote by Danyg
Personally I don't see much point in buying a reverb when you already have a delay which can accomplish the same sounds... unless you're wanting super-crazy, infinite decay reverb things going on.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I got the Nova Delay a while back and thought I wouldn't use everything on it after about 2 weeks of owning it... but now, after about 2 months, I highly doubt I could get rid of it. I just screwed around with it on certain songs I made up, and now I have those settings in the presets. I was also confused about changing between manual and preset mode as well as between presets with the foot switches, but if you just read the manual and do what it says... it's simple. I use it in my effects loop and it sounds amazing, clean or OD channel. If you're going to be gigging, go ahead and dish out the extra money for this rather than the Repeater. If you're only recording, or playing at home, get the Repeater.
Raijouta, thanks man, i see your point. I dont think i will buy a reverb pedal after all.

wiredisme, Im not gigging at the moment, but i dont really want to buy the Repeater, and then in a few years time (hopefully) start gigging and spend more money on the Delay, when i could just have it the whole time. Thanks anyway though, i see what you were saying.

Is it possible to jsut use the Chorus modulations WITHOUT any delay? Could i set the delay to 0 or something, and just use the chorus? Anyone know if this is possible?

Im only asking becasue i plan on moding my Small Clone, and if something goes horribly wrong, it would be nice to be able to use the Nova Delay's chorus.

Thanks for all the replies so far, very helpful.

Quote by Danyg
it's a very versatile pedal. I don't think it's possible to get the chorus effect without the delay, but I'll check and get back to you :]

as everyone said, it's not much of a looper.

btw, the option to play with the mix setting is great.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
If you're really concerned about money, go for the repeater, but neither of them can be a looper. Not really a big issue for me, as I have an RC-20XL, and I would prefer to have presets for certain songs so I'll probably pick up the Nova Delay.
The modulation only modulates the delays. It does not modulate the first signal coming through.
Unless you will have like a massive list of presets why not get the repeater?
Surely uou could just as easily write down your settings and save yourself some dosh.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Look on Ebay, there's a couple Nova Delay's going for under $200 Buy It Now price. I don't think you need to worry about it being used... unless the guy took a hammer to it, it's going to work fine.
Quote by nightraven
you can still use that as a convincing chorus sound though if you set the pedal to a really wet and super short delay. i used to do that with my DMM until i got a chorus pedal and it didn't sound that bad.

I never thought of that. I'm going to try that sometime today.
I did try really short delay for a reverb sound, and it wasn't all bad.
Wiredisme, unfortunately, i live in Australia, so those are kinda out of the question, thanks anyway.

Demitriv, i could do that, but i plan on keeping this pedal for many years, and when i start gigging, the presets will be invaluable.

Sidenote: Does anyone know the website that shows how to do EHX Small Clone mods and what you need for them? I found it a few days ago, but now i cant seem to find it.

Quote by Danyg
Where in Australia? If you want to wait a month, I could find you a good deal on Ebay and buy it for you, then mail it (I'll pay postage just because I want you to have it so much). I'm coming to Perth (well... Geraldton, but I'll be in Australia) for my brothers wedding in August.
Thanks heaps man, you sound like a really great guy

I'll have to let it pass though, as i would much prefer to buy near me for warranty , and i do like to support local Aussie stores as much as i can, as there are few good ones around. I also like to support them as one day i plan to open a studio and guitar store(Im only 15, so im gonna do University courses and such),
and i would much prefer people buying from me instead of overseas.

Once agian, thanks for the offer. I dont meet many people who would be willing to do that for someone they've never met before

Cheers guys, you've been very helpful.

Quote by Danyg