I know that better woods bring better sustain and all that stuff, but, how can the wood make the sound last longer if it has nothing to do with the electronics?
I understand how wood could affect an acoustic's sustain, but in electric guitars I really can't figure it out.
I mean, the sound travels in the cables and (I think) if its surrounded by any type of wood the sound should be the same.
This has turned more into a Physics question i may say

Again, is a n00b question, I ask because I wanna know, please avoid humilliating comments, I can't handle them hahaha
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']It's the sound of Satan himself ripping through the electronics in the guitar....

It's a pinch harmonic, dude.
It has to do with the resonance in the wood. I'm definitely no sound acoustics expert but harder/thicker woods absorb less of the string vibration and don't transfer the energy away from the pickups
When the strings are plucked, they vibrate, changing the electromagnetic charges in them, which is what the pickups hear, and pickup.
The soundwaves coming out of the strings will make contact with the wood. Generally, lighter and less dense woods will have the soundwaves go directly through them. With denser woods, the soundwaves will bounce back and hit the strings again, causing them to continue to vibrate, causing the pickups to continue to hear the strings.

I'm no physics expert, but I've thought about this a lot, and it's the only thing that makes sense. Please note that I have not proven this, nor have I heard about someone proving this, but it makes sense to me.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Is not exactly the sound what travels across the circuit, is the energy that then is turned into sound, I think
My gear:
-LTD EC401VF DMZ LD
-Ormsby Run 3 Hype GTR
-Yamaha C40M
Quote by CesarRoks
I know that better woods bring better sustain and all that stuff, but, how can the wood make the sound last longer if it has nothing to do with the electronics?
I understand how wood could affect an acoustic's sustain, but in electric guitars I really can't figure it out.
I mean, the sound travels in the cables and (I think) if its surrounded by any type of wood the sound should be the same.
This has turned more into a Physics question i may say

Again, is a n00b question, I ask because I wanna know, please avoid humilliating comments, I can't handle them hahaha

The sound travels in mechanical form in the wood, then after the pickup magnets convert the movement of the strings into current then the sound travels in electrical form towards the amp.

So they are two different things.
******A Console Cowboy****** 1