I have been looking for some wireless guitar systems for live performances but i don't want to spend a fortune. Can anyone tell me some good wireless systems. I would say anything under 160$ and something you would not mind buying . (Good sound quality, doesn't break easily, etc.)
--Blink-182 is back--
R.I.P. James "The Rev" Sullivan
---> Llama's are cool.
Stay (Sic)

Nothing under 160 dollars is worth buying. Id recommend looking used in that case.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I agree, you won't find much under $160 worth buying. $200 is pushing it, X2 has an okay wireless system for like $199, it has like a 150 foot range and its pretty durable if you take care of it.
ya dude, you're not gonna get anything worth it for under 160. i have the rackmount version of the line 6 x2 and it's pretty sweet, but its like 350 new
Yes, It's true i am god

It'll be like a skull that goes around prostituting itself and ill be its pimp. i shall call it necroprostiskull!
the X2 systems are nice, but i wouldn't worry about a wireless system if those amps in your sig are your only ones.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by PBROWN8806
I agree, you won't find much under $160 worth buying. $200 is pushing it, X2 has an okay wireless system for like $199, it has like a 150 foot range and its pretty durable if you take care of it.

Well. 200$ would be pushing my budget. But is the X2 really worth it?
--Blink-182 is back--
---> Llama's are cool.
Stay (Sic)

Quote by mikeyElite
the X2 systems are nice, but i wouldn't worry about a wireless system if those amps in your sig are your only ones.

I don't use my own amps unless I am practicing. My friend has Some Krank amps and Marshall amps he lets me use. Cuz I know my amps are ****. The only nice equipment I have is my acoustic, Schecter, and my Boss pedals.
--Blink-182 is back--
---> Llama's are cool.
Stay (Sic)

Quote by LesPaulJR361
Well. 200$ would be pushing my budget. But is the X2 really worth it?

it's worth it i have the rackmount and our other guitarist uses the $200 one and we've used them live and they work just fine. make sure you have alot of batteries though cuz they go through them pretty quick
Yes, It's true i am god

It'll be like a skull that goes around prostituting itself and ill be its pimp. i shall call it necroprostiskull!
Quote by Harrypit05
it's worth it i have the rackmount and our other guitarist uses the $200 one and we've used them live and they work just fine. make sure you have alot of batteries though cuz they go through them pretty quick

Ok, is the X2 the Line 6? And do you know if there is an adapter is available for it?
--Blink-182 is back--
---> Llama's are cool.
Stay (Sic)

an adapter would defeat the purpose of it being wireless.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
an adapter would defeat the purpose of it being wireless.

Yeah. But wat batteries does it use? Do any of u know?
--Blink-182 is back--
---> Llama's are cool.
Stay (Sic)

ok. that does not make me very happy. because when it comes to guitar accessories 9 volts run out of juice in less than 5 hours of use.
--Blink-182 is back--
---> Llama's are cool.
Stay (Sic)

Personally, I would rather just get a really long cable... unless your gonna be on a stadium stage or something really big and your gonna be runnin around and jumping off your amps or something.
I would recommend getting a longer cable. Unless you're willing to pay into the thousands of dollars, there is no point in buying a wireless guitar system. The best ones are rack mounted . This week's Guitar World's featured guitar rig was Bill Kelliher of Mastodon. He uses the Shure UR4D Wireless Unit which will run you at around a minimum of 1850USD.

You're much better off buying something such as:

2 of these
If you wanna get a really good sound, get as many of these as you have pedals
or if you wanna get something that is more economical, get as many of these as pedals you have.

All of those cords I listed have unlimited lifetime warranty, no matter what. I played a gig two nights ago, and my Monster cable broke, so I just need to return it.

To preserve your tone like I talked to you about, get this when you can afford it and run your pedals accordingly.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Why is it that every time I post a post full of info, it's always the last post and no one seems to care.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

No clue. That seems to happen to me too. You're definitely right though, a wireless system will not do you any good unless you pay a ton for it. I find that they're not even worth the hassle, unless you're jumping around like an idiot all the time.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60