So I decided that I was unsatisfied with my current pedalboard and decided to build another one. I decided to have two levels, one for everything in front of the amp and one for the effects loop. There are a few pedals that are going to be swapped out/added. I am going to add a second Big Muff, this one a NYC reissue. I am also going to replace the Screamin Blues with a Danelectro Cool Cat drive, possibly rehoused. I also plan on upgrading my multifx unit at some point. But enough with the rambling, here are the pics.

bottom layer mockup

complete mockup

sits off the ground so I can run power adapters underneath

upper and lower layers

braces for the upper layer being glued
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I was too busy working to stop and take pics during the day but here are a few. I tried to level off the blocks I glued with a belt sander but that didn't work so hot so I just put em through the table saw instead. Tried to use as small of a hole as possible when drilling the holes for the adapters to go through but had to go up to a 5/8" bit. I stole the rubber feet off of my little brothers Frontman which allowed enough height to mount my powerstrip underneath my board. Tried to use staples to hold all of the wiring to the underside of the board but they kept popping out, so I tried to do nails and bend them over, this didn't work so well either...sooooo I broke out mans best friend and duct taped all the wires to the underside. I then used some zip ties to hold the powerstrip on the board. Once that was mounted I flipped her over and positioned all the pedals. Still need to get some velcro, some cabinet handles, and a cable kit before I'm finished. A new problem has arrisen when I took the rubber feet off of my wah, the screws do not go all the way in so the plate flaps around and the wah doesn't sit flat, should I drill the holes a bit longer or should I find some shorter screws?

enough of the wall of text you all just want the pictures

underside wiring

adapters in place waiting for pedals

pedals all laid out awaiting velcro and cables

Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

Last edited by lbj273 at Jul 6, 2009,
Sorry about the delay, ran out of velcro and didn't feel like taking pictures until it was complete.

Here is the finished product

and of course the true test, hold it upside down and nothing should fall off.

Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Last edited by lbj273 at Jul 23, 2009,
yes jared it will be just the two, I would like to have made it bigger, but this is the size that fits into my suitcase so for now only this size

EDIT: Well its a build in progress so I wanted to reserve some space to have all the pics at the beginning but you kinda beat me to the punch
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

he means he reserved that post as well, just in case. It would make perfect sense if your first post weren't there, Jared.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
looking good, nice and simple, the way they should be done

im gonna be doing a REAL quick board soon, mainly made of plywood and whatevers out in the shed haha
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
it measures 18" by 23", could have gone longer but didn't have the wood for it and my goal was to spend as little money on it as possible. it worked out perfectly for the width, exact size for my suicase
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Looks good. I may have to build another pedalboard, the one I made is getting cramped.

made tons of progress today, got it almost finished. I need to get some velcro to hold down me pedals, some rubber feet for the bottom or the board (needed otherwise powerstrip and adapters are on the ground, decide on the final pedal layout and drill holes for adapters, use staples to hide all the extra wire underneath the board, buy some more patch cables, may buy a kit for this so I can use as little wire as possible wnd not have to run patch cables underneath. Pics will come later tonight when I return from golfing and my sister is home with the camera.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

looking sweet man. i wanna build a pedal board soon as well, also to fit in a suitcase. but its a pretty small suitcase, so im tempted to wait until i find a bigger one, or until i get more pedals to make it worthwhile lol. so far ive only got a couple distortion and a wah.
post 2 edited with pictures
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

ok so for cable kits, is it really worth the extra $30 for the George L kit over the Livewire kit? Are there any other cable kits out there I should look into?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Funny to see this just now, I just built a new pedal board yeaterday.

Looking pretty good. Are those stair treads?
no, they are actually oak baseboards that went up along the side of stairs though.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

So while in my local shop today I spotted a black Small Stone phaser under the glass, asked to try it out and it was amazing. It was also in pristine condition. Found out that it was NOS. They are even gonna knock $10 off the price cause they broke the battery holder. I've decided this is the pedal I'm going to get instead of a second Big Muff.

Also I bought some velcro so I'll get the pedals all attached and take some more pics for you guys to enjoy.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

updated pics, also heres a few videos of my rundown of the board before I had the Small Stone.

video links
part 1
part 2
part 3

enjoy
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020