Im gonna take lessons in september.

Do show him/her my skills?

or let him teach me like a begginer?

This will be my first guitar lesson.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
tell the teacher what you can do, they may want to build from there or teach you new things about what you know. they'll probably ask you what you want to learn too. like me; i was too eager to learn techniques, so i decided not to learn how to read music. and i'm glad i did too, TABS are fine with me
It depends on what kind of foundation you want. Depending on how far along you are it may be better to start from the very beginning so that they can teach you maybe some stuff you missed learning so far.
Quote by Vlasco
It depends on what kind of foundation you want. Depending on how far along you are it may be better to start from the very beginning so that they can teach you maybe some stuff you missed learning so far.

Yeah I just need to learn some more licks and a lot more chords.

I'm not a fan of scales though. I learned bassicaly most of the basics except sweep picking
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
It is always important to tell your instructor what you know because it save everyone a lot of time. but if private lessons to not work for you or you run out of money or time while taking them you can alway check out online guitar lessons.

They are great because you can learn at your own speed and at home. Online lessons are a thing of the future. Almost all online lessons come with videos and audios that accompany the lessons plans.

Here is one I am having great success with

Online Guitar Lessons
i teach when i have time. i'd definitely want to see what you can do. this will help to guage where you are at and see what exactly you are doing right or wrong. many bad habits are picked up when you first start so breaking those is a priority. no point in having someone say here is how you make an open A chord if you know how already. a good teacher will help you determine your strenghts and weaknesses and hopefully help you with both.