I think im obsessed with the guitar. I think of it all day. I play it every time I get.
I even got it on me right now.

Is that normal?
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
I wish I was the same...
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
I think it's fine....some days i'm like that too..i play for 4 to 6 hours without stopping,while some days when i look at my guitar i get nausea....
My Gear
Ibanez RG350EX
Ibanez GRX40
Guitar Rig 3
Crappy Ibanez 15w amp

.......And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
Well, other people might think it's a bit off the stream but here's it's a must-have :p
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I prefer to call it "passionate"
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
That's a good thing. That's how EVH, Clapton, Malmsteen etc. got to where they are.
no it`s not ok to be obese you need to lose weight.......oh you said obssessed

being in love with your instrument aslong as it`s platonic then yes if you sleep with it then that`s freaky

make sure the instrument your obssessed with is a musical one.
Quote by Ovenman
I wish I was the same...

me too. sometimes music is all i'll do for weeks, sometimes i can go a week without even thinking about guitar.

i really need to force myself to play a little every single day. just a half hour or so. i enjoy it when i feel like i'm making progress, but when i feel like i've hit a wall i lose a lot of motivation

i could TALK guitar for hours and hours though i should really look into just building guitars, but that's not very profitable.
Quote by ibanezgod1973

being in love with your instrument aslong as it`s platonic then yes if you sleep with it then that`s freaky

i never did that
Quote by BelowZero
you like bass sound. wanna go crazy on stage. and want a "place for a whammy bar"

have you been playing for two weeks?

go get a squier....

Quote by jess2112
I've heard of a guitar with five colored frets, but they don't play well.
Quote by ibanezgod1973

Yeah, some days I can't be bothered to play it for more than half an hour. Then other times I get a really good rhythm going and play it for ages. But hey! It's okay to be obsessed, just as long as it's with guitar and not other things...
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
I used to be that way when I REALLY got into guitar. When I wasn't playing, I was on the computer just looking at all the gear I could. I used to loooove just looking at gear, I still do, but more back then. And when I wasn't doing that, I was fapping to jenna jameson pics with jackson.

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

As the guy up above said, you pretty much will lose your social life. Seriously, I regret putting all my time into guitar, as much as I enjoy playing it, I would still rather have friends.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
In Soviet Russia, guitar is obsessed with you.
And then it stalks you.

Just don't walk into dark alleys alone.
superman is killing himself tonight
I'm the same. my life revolves around guitars.. and, well, music in general. there's nothing else to me. i myself am surprised i even have any friends
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Bah friends are overrated.

I move alot and I can always make new friends..... The guitar follows me, my friends don't.
Ibanez.
Everyone's like that about some things. If you really think you're not benefiting from a guitar obsession, don't worry. Next week you'll probably be obsessed with yo-yos or boobs or something.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Yeah its ok to be a Bunny Boiler for guitar playing, thats the best thing to be it pushes you to get better all the time.

and also leads to so much GAS sadly but you will find good guitars and amps and effects in the process.
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
im obessed about guitar too.
once i went to a vacation and left my guitar at home. I didint play guitar for a couple of days and i went crazy. i couldnt stop moving my fingers
I am also obsessed, with not only guitar but gear....reading about gear, looking at gear, trying new stuff out. Overall though, I do find myself asking quite often what is in this for me....ie why am I so obsessed? At first it was because guitar was an outlet that always will be challenging, that always will have room for improvement, and that looks rather bad@ss when you are good at it and gigging. But I still find myself feeling rather empty sometimes wanting more. I'm not sure what it is right now. I get bored really quickly practicing other people's songs and covering, but at the same time I know I have to do a lot of that in order to get better and know enough to write my own stuff. I am at the proverbial crossroads where I love it to death but also hate it because I can't figure out what I want from it. I have not seriously considered a band yet because I dont consider myself near good enough yet, and I also have a normal job that I will not be quitting to pursue becoming a rock star at this point. So yeah, I am trying to figure it out!!
Lul social life? thats why my best friend and I share all the same obsessions guitar, vidya games, even books :P
Quote by danohat
Try sex.

Ok its like this for me.

Guitar all day.
Girls/friends at night.

im not giving up social life.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Quote by vinnie-watt5
Ok its like this for me.

Guitar all day.
Girls/friends at night.

im not giving up social life.

Well it could be worse.
It could be:

Drugs all day.
Girls/friends/drug dealers at night.

So I think you've got a good obsession.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
I always think of music for what I'm doing, any instrument - Like an internal soundtrack to my life.
I am obsessed. I can't stand it when I go camping or someplace I can't take a guitar... every day I have to at least pick one up... then I usually end up playing it for a while.
Well it's good for your talent, bad for ur social life. Try organizing times for music so u don't miss out on other stuff, in short... Get a girlfriend and you'll never touch your guitar :-D
Last edited by Jyscal at Jul 6, 2009,