This is not an advert. I am not selling anything.

Anyway, someone offered me a Fender Twin combo for £250 (could possibly push them lower). It's in great condition, and from what I gather, was 'acquired' under rather dubious circumstances. I don't want to go into that too much, as I don't want to incriminate my friends. Anyway, it's in top condition, and I've had it offered to me for the above price. I've been looking to get a valve amp for a while now, and while normally the Fender Twin wouldn't exactly be my first choice, I'm finding the prospect of having one for £250 a little hard to resist? I've watched a bunch of videos, and like the general sound of it. I'm led to believe that with the right pedals, it can be a versatile amp?

It does have the foot switch, too. The only pedal I currently have is a BOSS ME-50. I reckon some sort of tube screamer or something would be a good addition if I got this amp. My mate says I can borrow it for a couple days, see if I like it. This probably sounds like a no-brainer to loads of people, and therefore a stupid thread. I just don't want to make such an impulse-purchase just because it's a decent price. What do y'all think? I play the usual rock, blues, metal, country, jazz, yadda yadda. I've also been getting into ambient and bluegrass, of late.

So yeah, what I'm basically asking is do you people think the Fender Twin could suit my tonal needs, with one or two external pedals, if necessary? Or is it just an amp with a good clean tone and nothing more, like some people seem to think?
Wow! That's a lot of amp for the price!!
I'd go for it no questions asked. If you find something better comes along in the future, then you can sell this for a profit no probs I would say!
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Yeah. I would definitely jump on that deal, but I'd probably hesitate because it was "acquired" by other means. Just be warned that if you buy it, you might be the one to get busted for it.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Quote by Martin Scott
Why's that?

Because it's, ahem, STOLEN

Still jump on it, and maybe retolex it or at least spray paint something on it so that way it looks to be your own.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
It sounds like it's stolen merchandise...buy it if you want, but I wouldn't want that Bad Karma on my soul -- and no true musician (IMHO) would buy something that's more than likely been stolen from a fellow axe slinger.
Quote by suhraddict
It sounds like it's stolen merchandise...buy it if you want, but I wouldn't want that Bad Karma on my soul -- and no true musician (IMHO) would buy something that's more than likely been stolen from a fellow axe slinger.

This is very true. The probability of it being stolen probably flew over my head when I read the first post...
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Isn't rock n roll about breaking the rules?

honestly, this is one of the best amps i've ever used... just tried one out in a music store a week or so ago.

just do it. DO IT
Just a word. The Fender Twin is NOT a Twin Reverb. Its the same amp but without the reverb unit. Nice indeed but not the sought after model. Great tones available with a Les Paul, especially if its one with P90's. I find it a bit limited if you're putting a Strat or Tele through it. But fine if you like Country.
A bit of distortion and some reverb from pedals and you have not only a great amp but a real muscle builder, too.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Well if its stolen, all you have to do is remove/scratch off the serial numbers/ID numbers ect. and your good to go.

IMO, Buy the amp! At that price its a steal of a deal!
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
Quote by suhraddict

Yeah it's a slight concern for me, too. This is the way I've been justifying it to myself - someone's going to buy it, so it might as well be me, right? I don't believe in karma, anyway.
if you're aware it's stolen, you might be liable if anyone ever finds out you have it. Not worth getting done for it, kind of thing.

Quote by Martin Scott
I don't believe in karma, anyway.

karma either exists or it doesn't, regardless of what you believe.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've been told it's a Fender Twin, and that it's a Fender Twin Reverb? I'll see when I go to try it out, I guess.

Quote by Dave_Mc
karma either exists or it doesn't, regardless of what you believe.

Do you go about saying really obvious things all the time?
Last edited by Martin Scott at Jul 5, 2009,
yeah, i like to point them out. you'd be surprised how many people don't realise obvious stuff.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?